1994 Fat Chance titanium

Tomianson":3qeabgf7 said:
Campagnolo update.
The build has come to a slight halt as i find out that the headset is italian thread, so thats off and im on the hunt for something with an English thread.
In the meantime i couldn't resist putting a few bits on it to see how it looks. In a word; fantastic.

Weight and performance issues aside, I think the Record OR groupset is stand alone the prettiest MTB groupset ever.

Heres the crankset (fitted on the Record OR bottom bracket) and rear brake cantilevers installed.

The Campag stuff of that era just looks beautiful. I'd love to put a lighter crank on my Roberts but there isn't one that looks a perfect a match as the Centaur I've got. Maybe a Cooks but that's it.

That's going to look spectacular..

Re:

I had some a Record OR brakes on my Yo. Not only do they look great (though strangely American imo), but they work great too. And are light. So that’s at least one part of your Campy group set that’s going to perform better than you expect!

Re: Re:

mheywoo1":128vuvhp said:
Not only do they look great (though strangely American imo)
That’s because they ripped off the design from Grafton. I’ve read the story he wrote about it all, he was far from happy.

Final parts sorted. Just waiting for a few to arrive then I’ll post pictures but it looks like the final build will be:
Campagnolo record or full groupset with the exception of a pair of Euclid pedals (I wanted a silver cage on the pedals, not black on the record), Chris king grip it headset, ibis titanium stem with cable noodle (so so rare), syncros titanium bars, Ritchey Zmax megabite tan wall tyres, flite titanium saddle.
This is going to be lovely.
Pictures soon

Brilliant Tom,

Love what you’ve done...pulling up a chair for this build :)

Rich

Sorry theres been a break in updates, i've been knuckling down overcoming various snags along the way, but I can now finally say the build is finished. Hooray!

Better pictures in the coming days and probably a few little weeks here and there, but here's some initial shots and here's the full build spec.

1994 Fat Chance Titanium with Original BOI fork
Chris King Gripnut Headset 1"

Ibis Titanium Stem
Syncros Titanium Handlebar
Campagnolo Record OR Brake Levers
Campagnolo Record OR Thumbshifters
Campagnolo Record OR Cables/Housing
ODI Attack grips

Campagnolo Record OR Chainset
Campagnolo Record OR Pedals
Campagnolo Record OR Bottom Bracket
Campagnolo Record OR Rear derailleur