1994 FAT CHANCE Shock-a-Billy SOLD

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
NOW SOLD

Due to last month's unforseen circumstances I'm going to have to free up some funds and garage space, so I am very reluctantly offering my SAB for sale. You all know the bike, but there is a thread about it in readers bikes for those of you who don't. Size is S/M, measurements to follow when I get home tommorrow. I need to move it quite quickly so I am offering it at a price much much lower than what it cost me to put together. It is in perfect condition with many NOS parts. The only issues are a tiny bit of cable rub on one part of the frame and the forks will need re-bushing in the next six months (all parts available from Bryon at AMP and cheap too!). Otherwise this bike is completely show standard and un marked. Headset, BB, Wheels and tyres are brand new and have covered minimal mileage. It rides better than any retro machine I have ever riden and is super light at 23.5 lbs. Frame is completely rust free having spent all its life in California (the last 12 years it has been boxed in a loft)

This bike was last months Bike of the month.

I am offering it for this week only at £1000SOLD. It will be broken up and sold seperately after this time as I have to make some space and free up some funds. UK shipping will be at cost (about £40), rest of world will be at cost.
Comes with instuction manual and 3 sets of spare pads (new)for the front caliper (pads are still available from superstar or AMP)
Please note that since pics were taken I have replaced the wheel QRs for Salsa(rasta) and the stem has been replaced with a Answer aTAC

2786596430_7573a54f8e_b.jpg

2786596428_5741926469_o.jpg

UPDATED SPEC LIST

Frame: FAT CHANCE Shock-a-Billy, S/M 1995, Risse Racing shock and AMP seatstay brace

Fork: AMP Research F3 disc only

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Answer Atack
Handlebar: Syncros Pro
Grips: Onza Porcipaws
Barends: None

Front Brakes:Rock Shox/ AMP Research Disc brake with 165mm Hope rotor, Ti bolts
Brake Pads: Rock Shox Carbon Metalic
Rear Brakes: Grafton Rim Crusher
Brake Cables:Shimano XTR
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chill Pill in black
Brake Levers: M900 XTR

Shifters: M900 XTR STi
Front Derailleur: M900 XTR
Rear Derailleur: M900 XTR with KCNC Jockeys and SRP bolts
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: SRAM 8 speed
Chain: SRAM
Cranks: Syncros forged
Crank Bolts: SRP alloy in green
Chainrings: Middleburn slickshift in 24-34-46
Chainring bolts: Generic alloy in black
Bottom Bracket: Syncros Titanium
Pedals: Xpedo Titanium clipless

Hub Skewers: Salsa Rasta
Rims: Mavic MA 40
Hubs: Hope Pro III Disc front, non disc rear
Nipples: Alloy
Spokes: Alpine double butted
Tyres: Onza Porc II
Tubes: Kenda

Saddle: Flite Alpes Titanium
Seatpost: Syncros
Seatpost Binder: Ringle Holey

Weight; 23.5lbs

2785833059_cec5c2a900_b.jpg

Back end

2785833061_5de129f030_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Si

:shock:

if i did not had to buy a new digital camera this would have been sold right now,....! :evil:

one of the nicest bikes on the forum,...

sorry to see it go Si

jez-4-bikes-max":5vfbyi98 said:
I would love the seatpost if you do split though mate. (provision dibbs if possible)

Ha- bloody vultures! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Bas was in like a shot via PM for the seatpost so jezza has second dibs this time. I can sell the seatpost for £1000 and throw in a free SAB ;)

More pics and nonsence from the build can be found here at
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35686

Someone buy it so I can keep my RC100 :cry:

Si

*************Sold***************
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back