1994 Claud Butler Antaeus 7005 (Finished Pg8)

Re: Back to my roots………….

Retro Spud":3h3eqdfs said:
Has to be known as project Purple Ronny

No it doesn’t... I hate Purple Ronny..... & all his little monkeys

Peachy!":3k721lth said:
Retro Spud":3k721lth said:
Has to be known as project Purple Ronny

No it doesn’t... I hate Purple Ronny..... & all his little monkeys

Peachy’s Purple Weapon of Mayhem it is then !

I was allowed out during ‘Strictly’ for good behaviour but also had to promise I’d watch the final :facepalm:

First thing I wanted to attempt was a safe removal of the once clear Tioga grips without damage, after years of making a mess or giving up and cutting old grips off, I tried squirting small amounts of 303 aerospace protectorant, this plastic/rubber preservative works its way around inside and the grips slip off super easy and in one piece! :xmas-big-grin:

Everything else came off with varying degrees of difficulty but no trauma

Except the ahead headset.... I can’t find my f**king circlip pliers so that stopped me in my tracks :x

I have a theory about ahead headsets/stems... it goes like this;

Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away, two stoned Californian engineers thought they would f**k up possibly the most simplest, adjustable and effective way of fixing forks/frame/stem on a bike.... they thought it would be funny to produce something with more parts, requiring different tools and to top it off, remove the ability to adjust the height of the stem.
Of course no one would surely fall for this they giggled.........

Attachments

• 87B010CE-8282-4489-ADBA-3C73E5C490E1.jpeg
    87B010CE-8282-4489-ADBA-3C73E5C490E1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 421
  • 7DA19828-348F-43C3-8940-77507FBD22DE.jpeg
    7DA19828-348F-43C3-8940-77507FBD22DE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 421
  • BF7E94E4-09DF-4B16-8152-1F0FA7316640.jpeg
    BF7E94E4-09DF-4B16-8152-1F0FA7316640.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 421

Am always making a dogs dinner getting grips off, will have to get some of that 303 Aerospace protectant.

In case you fancy some purple ano bar ends: I have a set you can have for the price of postage.

Wim

WimVDD":2v3xr6pq said:
In case you fancy some purple ano bar ends: I have a set you can have for the price of postage.

Wim

Thanks Wim, but this is gonna be as low a financial footprint as possible, in fact all I’ll be changing are new cables which will be from spare stock and I have a pair of Tioga factory tyres to replace the original Psycho’s (after the photo shoot of course) that’s it... :xmas-cool:

Peachy!":3ebsvu0p said:
WimVDD":3ebsvu0p said:

Wim

Thanks Wim, but this is gonna be as low a financial footprint as possible, in fact all I’ll be changing are new cables which will be from spare stock and I have a pair of Tioga factory tyres to replace the original Psycho’s (after the photo shoot of course) that’s it... :xmas-cool:

Sounds like Mrs P has found a new use for the Christmas Nut crackers and has a strong grip on them as well as the finances just encase there’s any indulgent “self gifting” going on

Retro Spud":2znmiuwj said:
Sounds like Mrs P has found a new use for the Christmas Nut crackers and has a strong grip on them as well as the finances just encase there’s any indulgent “self gifting” going on
Well possibly...... but TBH after the Lotus builds and the projected budget for the MM20 race bikes there really isn’t anything left! :shock:

Cheshire1980":1y8uof8f said:
Am always making a dogs dinner getting grips off, will have to get some of that 303 Aerospace protectant.

It really is great stuff, superb long-lasting dressing and protection for tyres, hoods, vinyl saddles, plastic toe clips etc etc.... and it’s great for prepping old rubber before removal (thumb hoods, brake lever hoods etc) which often requires stretching.

Anyway, back to the pair of clear Tioga PRO-X grips... why bother with some dirty old UV assaulted lumps of rubber?
Well because they are pretty rare, still in working condition and to replace them right now with NOS would cost £33 + £10 shipping from Germany :shock:

Anyway, after a scrub with a toothbrush and some fairy liquid, then a run through the dishwasher with Sunday lunch's pots and they are at least clean if still a bit un-sightly. And the NOS ones would show up the faded purple on the bars... :xmas-wink:

Attachments

• Tioga PRO X clear grips (2).jpg
    Tioga PRO X clear grips (2).jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 364
  • Tioga PRO X clear grips (1).jpg
    Tioga PRO X clear grips (1).jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 364
  • Tioga PRO X clear grips (3).jpg
    Tioga PRO X clear grips (3).jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 364
Back