1994-95 GT Zaskar seat post size

David Gibson

Senior Retro Guru
I looked around the archive and other places but couldn't find what size seat post the Zaskar needs. I'm thinking of buying one and want to know before I do.

Hahaha, good luck fining a solid answer.

I’m amidst a ’93 Zaskar build as well. The 26.6 from my Avalanche donor bike was too small and couldn’t find any consensus on size fron the innerwebs. I used caliprs and measured the seat tube at the opening where the clamp fits and found 26.93. Obviously the only solution was to buy a 26.8 and a 27 to see which fits best. The 27 arrived yesterday it fits flawlessly.

Do you have a set of calipers?

Hahaha, good luck fining a solid answer.

I’m amidst a ’93 Zaskar build as well. The 26.6 from my Avalanche donor bike was too small and couldn’t find any consensus on size fron the innerwebs. I used caliprs and measured the seat tube at the opening where the clamp fits and found 26.93. Obviously the only solution was to buy a 26.8 and a 27 to see which fits best. The 27 arrived yesterday it fits flawlessly.

Do you have a set of calipers?
I don't have calipers but I live only 1 block from a bike shop and I'm sure they'd measure it for me for free.

Back