1994/5? Litespeed Ocoee/Obed Update

Some shots of the frame with manky stickers removed, and first polish.

I'm looking to get a brushed effect.

Attachments

• 12-11-09a.JPG
    12-11-09a.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 2,171
  • 12-11-09b.JPG
    12-11-09b.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 2,170
  • 12-11-09c.JPG
    12-11-09c.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 2,170
Cleaned up well, look forward to seeing it built.

Not a 97 though, given it's different to my 1997 Litespeed Ocoee

John":2kfa8viv said:
Cleaned up well, look forward to seeing it built.

Not a 97 though, given it's different to my 1997 Litespeed Ocoee

The year has been a bit of a trouble to determine - as you can tell from this thread.

The only year with no canti hanger, and rear mech bosses ON TOP of the seat stay is 1994. So I'm guessing that's the correct year.

Pop up a shot of yours please. Getting good quality photos has proven a problem.

re:

well it´s not older then 94... my guess is that it's a 97 because of no canti-holder and s-bends. It also looks a lot like a friends old team bike from a well known italian brand that well, wasn't so italian. That was in 97 and it featured an LT Judy fork. So an old Sid fork with 80mm travel would probarly work fine.

Here's a back in the day pic of mine. Still have it and ride reasonabley regularly.

main.php

Not the finest of pics but you can see the different cable stops on seatstay and top tube.

Re: re:

captain8track":111esaae said:
well it´s not older then 94... my guess is that it's a 97 because of no canti-holder and s-bends. It also looks a lot like a friends old team bike from a well known italian brand that well, wasn't so italian. That was in 97 and it featured an LT Judy fork. So an old Sid fork with 80mm travel would probarly work fine.

The 94 Litespeed catalogue shows the Ocoee with a canti noodle on the seat clamp - so no canti bridge.

I'm 90% convinced she's a 94 Ocoee. The sticker remnants also had the Titanium logo showing as per the catalogue.

ratbane":hjqk3tcg said:
captain8track":hjqk3tcg said:

The 94 Litespeed catalogue shows the Ocoee with a canti noodle on the seat clamp - so no canti bridge.

I'm 90% convinced she's a 94 Ocoee. The sticker remnants also had the Titanium logo showing as per the catalogue.

Do you have a scan of the 94 cat for the archive.

Those top tube cable guides are quite disctinctive and somewhat different on later frames (such as mine).

John":1xi3o5nm said:
ratbane":1xi3o5nm said:
captain8track":1xi3o5nm said:

Those top tube cable guides are quite disctinctive and somewhat different on later frames (such as mine).

I looked at the following download from the Litespeed website.

http://www.litespeed.com/2006/catalog.aspx

ratbane":3i3p86gr said:
John":3i3p86gr said:
ratbane":3i3p86gr said:
captain8track":3i3p86gr said:

I looked at the following download from the Litespeed website.

http://www.litespeed.com/2006/catalog.aspx
Chhers!

Bookmarked.

Skimmed the catalogues. The only bikes I can see with similar top tube cable guides and cables along the top of the seat stay is the 1994 (and poss 1995) Obed. I'd guess it was one of these (if it is indeed a Litsespeed). Doesn't explain the lack of rear stop for the brake, can you see where one migh have been removed or attached?

Back