1993 Wilderness Trail Bikes Phoenix SE, #93188

Re:

That is superb. Most of my favourite, go to retro parts all together in one sublime package.

that one is the bomb...i love the patina and all the rest. except for the toggle in the front, but i know the problems with the wtb cablehanger and a low rise stem,....and so its a good way.
and i defenatly need one of these extended seatposts....that would be the very last part for my phoenix...what you think would be the chance to get one of these?

all the best
Kay

wtb_rider":1xjhko3h said:
that one is the bomb...i love the patina and all the rest. except for the toggle in the front, but i know the problems with the wtb cablehanger and a low rise stem,....and so its a good way.
and i defenatly need one of these extended seatposts....that would be the very last part for my phoenix...what you think would be the chance to get one of these?

all the best
Kay

I have the parts to swap to a Roller Cam if I want, but the Toggle Cam feels that much better. It's easily my favorite brake and these (I think) are set up awfully well. I did offset the cable hanger a touch so the cable routing would be better. Looks a bit off, but function over form.

The post...those are damn hard to get. I'd say you have as good of a chance of buying an entire second Phoenix to pirate the fork from than finding one for sale on it's own. I lucked out with a hook up from a buddy and it still wasn't cheap.

Re:

thanks, and thats what i thought.
there was a red phoenix in the bay recently that had this post....but once bought a complete bike just to get my second rollercam.... :facepalm:
all the best...

Re:

Awesome build @Rumpfy :cool:
Epitome of the non suspension corrected Phoenix. Love you didn't repaint the frame.

Dug this bad boy up on a WTB Retrobike binge...

Absolutely flawless. A dream whip.

I hope it's still getting regularly thrashed about; it looks like an incredible ride.

Thanks for digging this up! So I guess this is my new favorite bike of all time on Retrobike. It just looks so on point and right.

Back