1993 Univega Alpina Comp

Re:

Found a couple of photos from my solo ride at Mountain Mayhem in June 2013. 10 wet and muddy laps with no major issues on my trusty Univega.

Univega-mayhem13_1.jpg
Univega-mayhem13_2.jpg

I do look a bit grumpy though.

Re:

My first Mt. bike was a Univega Rover Sport. Needless to say, I have always had a soft spot for Univegas.

Well done!

2013 was muddier than this year! Another good build chap, another underappreciated brand.

coomber":1m1c2i5t said:
2013 was muddier than this year! Another good build chap, another underappreciated brand.
2014 was a vintage year. Dry and dusty.

2013, the first year at Gatcombe Park, suffered from an epic rain storm during the first lap which turned some parts of the course to porridge. You should have heard the cursing in the woods...
It gradually dried out though. The rest of the 24 hours were rain free and by Saturday morning the course was running pretty well.

We don't speak of 2012 though, The last year at Eastnor was horrific. 90% of each lap was unrideable due to the deep mud and/or wheels so clogged with mud that your wheels wouldn't turn. That year nearly killed it for me.

2015 will be another solo attempt for me. Most likely on a Saracen.

Love this bike though. Love Deore DX too. Must take it out for a ride again soon.

Back