1993 Raleigh Peak - Restored and been on maiden voyage!

Hi very nice peak mate , my mate worked at a proper raleigh bike shop only selling raleigh like they used to and I would get good deals on various bikes, the best one that I liked best was the emerald green peak, i can understand why you would not want to sell it mate , if you come across another , give us a bell best regards Neville. (Sportbilly2:cool:

When being paid out for the theft of my raleigh team mtb I put my paper round savings together and bought a raleigh ravine. Lower spec than yours but great bike and did loads of miles with no bother! I've still got it at my ma and pa's house. :D

I recently bought a 92 Peak (turquoise) for £30. It seems to be in very good condition. I plan to give it a thorough check during the next few weeks then use it for recreational riding and towing my grandson along on his bike trailer. I originally owned a Raleigh Summit ( well 2 actually) and always had a soft spot for them so when I saw this for sale locally I just had to have it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 522
Very nice and a bloody bargain!

I use mine for same purpose now ..... Carrying son on rear.

These bikes feel solid and reliable. Not the lightest bikes of era but not too bad and ride superb.

Gil m on here also does the replacement decals as he drafted a set for mr which I intend to replace when I get round too it.

Enjoy it mate and some pics when cleaned up would be nice.

Andy

I couldn't believe it when I saw it advertised on my local Facebook buy and sell group. I even knocked the price down from £35!
Initial 2 minute check shows loose headset, gears not set up (corroded inner cables) and rear wheel needs slightly truing.
It looks like it has only had light use and still has the front and rear reflectors fitted.
I can't wait to get stuck into servicing it and giving it a good clean.
I will post pictures of it when I finish sorting it.
Thanks for details on getting new decals for it.

Re:

Love the Bike. Bought one exactly the same back in 93 with my entire summer holiday job savings. Still have it 21 years later, still usable but sad to say it is not in mint condition like your one. Got a lot of use in the early years and had to replace a few bits. If you ever want to sell let me know.

Re:

Strangely I have been considering selling the peak on as I've taken up cyclocross and road biking and hav done no more than 20 miles since my maiden voyage on it.

Does seen a shame for it to be stuck alone in the garage never turning a wheel?

Watch this space.... ?????

Back