1993 Kona Kilauea Restoration

Awesome photo! Can't wait to watch this restoration in progress.
Sounds like the bike is already spec'd out, though I've heard a Fox F80 or Rock Shox SID SL look pretty sweet on that bike if money is no object ;) Interesting call on the riser bars, too. Thinking of sticking with that, or going back to flat?

I'm going to restore the existing components as much as possible as I 'm on a tight budget. sticking with the riser bars as I like the ride that way and I am tall so it helps with my back!

New ControlTech seatpost (27.0mm - 350) and lovely Hope red seat collar (30.0mm) to match my rear Hope hub arrived today!

Ordered my decals from Gil today. All the frame decals and some Rock Shox ones too for the fork legs. Looking forward to seeing them!

Decals arrived from Gil today! They look great. I have now got all the decals I need for the frame restoration

Ok, so I was all set to take the frame and forks to Bob Jackson in Leeds today for the respray, but after stripping the forks down to just the lower legs, I couldn't get the bushings out!
I have tried many bike shops but they just can't help, so looking to send them to TFTuning in Wiltshire as they seem to be the only place that'll do it, unless of course anyone on here has any suggestions........

A little bit gutted that I couldn't get it to the paintshop today, but I suppose Rome wasn't built in a day!

I love the fact that these great bikes are still going!

I've got a 93 model Kilauaeu with almost everything original, only the handle bars and rear brake calipers.
(That is original wheels, forks, stems, gears, seat - even front tyre!)

It's in dire need of some love...the big gear on front sprocket can no longer be shifted too and lots of smaller things need tweeking.

I haven't the time or money to do this, can anyone suggest where is best to advertise this for sale?
Any idea

Back