1993 Kona Hot (TET 591)

Looks fantastic- if I ever have to get a frame painted again (and I plan to avoid it!) it will be Argos every job of theres I have seen looks spot on.

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but have you painted up the Ti forks and stem? (Or are the ones in the pics spare seel jobbies?)

CTK":lpemyytt said:
Looks fantastic- if I ever have to get a frame painted again (and I plan to avoid it!) it will be Argos every job of theres I have seen looks spot on.

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but have you painted up the Ti forks and stem? (Or are the ones in the pics spare seel jobbies?)

Cheers, I'm very happy with the job that Argos did, it's top quality. The fork and stem in the before pictures are steel in the titanium colour from 1993. These were painted to match the frame.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :oops: My mrs is pregnant and I seem to be having sypathetic pregnancy confusions...

Anyway it is going to look fantastic with the ti post and handlebars- I would say perfect!

Interested to see if the colour matched stem and fork works on the full build... I usually prefer some contrast.

I like the colour mathed parts.

Can somebody educate me on why a 'Hot' is significant over your standard run of the mill Kona?

Ta.

legrandefromage":2by0w1an said:

Can somebody educate me on why a 'Hot' is significant over your standard run of the mill Kona?

Ta.

Thank you, wasn't sure it would be too much orange but it does look good.

1990 to 1995 the Hot's were hand built in the USA by Tom Teesdale, first of all from Tange Prestige Concept then a mix of Concept and Ultimate. Kind of semi-custom, standard Kona geometry and sizes but with the choice of braze ons and colour and a 'Made in the USA' tag.

1996 onwards they were built by Altitude Cycles and another company, all from Reynolds 853 but the same semi-custom concept.

mousemat":33mt8zac said:
legrandefromage":33mt8zac said:

Ta.

Thank you, wasn't sure it would be too much orange but it does look good.

1990 to 1995 the Hot's were hand built in the USA by Tom Teesdale, first of all from Tange Prestige Concept then a mix of Concept and Ultimate. Kind of semi-custom, standard Kona geometry and sizes but with the choice of braze ons and colour and a 'Made in the USA' tag.

1996 onwards they were built by Altitude Cycles and another company, all from Reynolds 853 but the same semi-custom concept.

Cool!

Congrats mouse thats on beaut of a Kona

I usually detest Orange, but looks a beaut build....

:) passiflora

Back