1993 Klein Adroit Team Storm Custom

From personal experience I feel that you may one day regret the fork/mc1 paint. I know I did. Also, that's is some seeeeeerious 3DV overkill - IMO

My first restoration of this bike back in 2002

DSC_0015.jpg

How it sits now

DSC_2055L.jpg

Re: Re:

Smithjss70":3bzswha5 said:
I wish we could scare up a nice original Moby post with graphics still in check for Gil so he could design some Ringle Moby decals. Unfortunately, I do not have one that I can part with at the moment but this would give many of us more options getting posts reano'd and back to near original condition. We've all struggled sourcing posts for Yetis, Fats, Kleins etc I imagine. Hint hint.....

Beautiful frame and parts James. I love when components come back from a nice bath.

MbCwSp.jpg

Some lovely blue candy Jason, It's certainly an art how Ringle did those posts with lettering, very hard to replicate.

mkozaczek":33u76rj3 said:
From personal experience I feel that you may one day regret the fork/mc1 paint. I know I did. Also, that's is some seeeeeerious 3DV overkill - IMO

My first restoration of this bike back in 2002

DSC_0015.jpg

How it sits now

DSC_2055L.jpg

I disagree Martin, IMO the standard Storm forks and especially MC1's are a bit bland compared to the way they painted the frames. What I got Jon to do was paint it how I would have done them back in the day.

Too much 3DV? Too many clouds, too much lightening, the list could go on............ Most peoples idea of a Klein is for it to be over the top, as the saying goes "you can never have too much of a good thing"

I personally prefer your 1st version of the Storm, rigid forks are a must for me, was never a fan of how you did the MC1, but now you've gone down the replica Tinker route.

Bet you wish he had used some more aesthetically pleasing pedals and saddle BITD.

We could debate the fork for sure, fact is there wasn't a rigid fork on my frame ever so the paint choice was a guess and in hindsight I didn't like it. The MC1 as well, that was the painter's choice BITD and I never liked it. The MC1 on the new build is (I speculate) the original bar that came on this very frame, just reunited 20 years later.

So given that these are MC1s I feel a RS is actually more correct, and anything with a rigid fork is basically an interpretation of what may have happened (which I realize you acknowledge).

On the 3dV front I even think my bike is overkill, but I was going for a specific replica so there you go. I just never got into the pulleys, chainrings, bolts and all that minutia. But, to each his own.

Re:

The picture I posted is all the 3DV I will be using. Black rims, silver spokes and nipples, most of the Proshift front mech is silver, and silver chainrings. I'm not that crazy!

Re: Re:

thesneaker":wdjxeuco said:
The picture I posted is all the 3DV I will be using. Black rims, silver spokes and nipples, most of the Proshift front mech is silver, and silver chainrings. I'm not that crazy!

No 3DV rims??? pffft :p

Latest posts

Back