1992 Wheeler 3900 Pro Line Black & Pink Splatter

hgqa.jpg

21pr.jpg

dm3l.jpg

xlbg.jpg

u0km.jpg

Really nice example of a wheeler!

These bikes are not that well known here either but, look closer and they are nicely made and easily upgraded.

This is the first i have seen of this thread and i like it! You did a great clean up of that rear wheel.
Also, it is satisfying to see the bottom bracket came out and responded to a service, normally, this type are well seized in and, even with the correct tools don't move easily. The two 4mm pins usually break off.. :shock:

danke.

Thanks for your nice comment Marc.

The whole concept of bottom brackets with these pin holes comes straight out of hell in my opinion. And as if hell wasn't unpleasently enough some guys decided it would make them more money if they would build their own pin diameter standarts...so that even i bought the right tools for this one i can't use this for instance on my Tune one neither for the bottom bracket in my old road bike. Who ever came up with this idea please immediately kill yourself. ;)

The day i spent cleaning that rear wheel was a very rewarding task. I did that while sitting on my balcony in the sun. Nobody was home so there was silence all around me. Hours flew by and in the evening these wheels nearly appeared to be new again.

This Wheeler got much more beautiful in the end than i thought i would be. At first its only purpose of this little side project was that i had something to fiddle with while my Eldridge Grade build stagneted but after this is complete i like it a lot and it will be here to stay.
I will post pics from its first days in the mountains.

Back