1992 Rocky Mountain Experience - UPDATE.. AVID Arch SUPREME

Re: 1992 Rocky Mountain Experience

I'd paint the fork black. It looks more balanced with the seatpost that way. I like this bike very much. Although I would go with the silver syncros stem with blue bar.

zonoskar":u1atjdb7 said:
I'd paint the fork black. It looks more balanced with the seatpost that way. I like this bike very much. Although I would go with the silver syncros stem with blue bar.

Thanks! I managed to find a silver seat post the same style so I have eliminated all of the black. I'll try a silver Syncros stem with blue bar though... The blue bar may go better with the crank arms since they are the exact same race face blue but on the other hand may clash with the blue avid levers... It's worth a go

Thanks!

Ok... sooo... changed my mind... decided to go black instead of polished...

Looking for a set of arch supreme brakes but these NOS Arch Rivals will do for now =)

Suggestions? Thoughts??.... nothing set in stone yet =)

shutter":2rk1pg87 said:
Looking for a set of arch supreme brakes but these NOS Arch Rivals will do for now =)

In terms of aesthetics, I think the AMP fork works well as the triangulation of the parallelogram is consistent with the triangulation of the rear of the frame. Perhaps a different colour scheme for the stem? The fork and seatpost post both have black shafts with polished or clear anodized cnc connection material, if the stem were similar I think it would tie together nicely. The Arch Supreme is a great brake, but the front might start to look a little busy with all the linkages from the fork and brake combined.

timoshenko":z04g2vlf said:
shutter":z04g2vlf said:

In terms of aesthetics, I think the AMP fork works well as the triangulation of the parallelogram is consistent with the triangulation of the rear of the frame. Perhaps a different colour scheme for the stem? The fork and seatpost post both have black shafts with polished or clear anodized cnc connection material, if the stem were similar I think it would tie together nicely. The Arch Supreme is a great brake, but the front might start to look a little busy with all the linkages from the fork and brake combined.

You make some very good points there. Thanks!

Any suggestions for the stem? I tried a polished Syncros but it gets lost in the frame. Is there a cnc stem you could suggest? Thx!

shutter":2vbpnbt0 said:
Any suggestions for the stem? I tried a polished Syncros but it gets lost in the frame. Is there a cnc stem you could suggest? Thx!

What about taking the current stem and swapping the front and rear plates with clear ano'd ones instead?

timoshenko":zli3t3x8 said:
shutter":zli3t3x8 said:

What about taking the current stem and swapping the front and rear plates with clear ano'd ones instead?

I was just thinking about that this morning... Good call!

The front plate would be easy to do but the rear is pressed in... Basically the rear threaded stud is pressed through the rear part into the main stem body. I could sand off the anodizing while it is in place though... Shouldn't be too difficult... I think I'll give it a try

Thanks!

Re: 1992 Rocky Mountain Experience - UPDATE... AMP Research Fork

Is the steerer on the forks not going to be a bit short, bearing in mind there's no headset fitted yet? Doesn't look like you have much spare as it is..!

Barneyballbags":2hrv6oko said:
Is the steerer on the forks not going to be a bit short, bearing in mind there's no headset fitted yet? Doesn't look like you have much spare as it is..!

The steer is going to be lengthened once I finish planning the build =)

Ah yes, just read back and saw what you did with the rigid forks. Good work! :D

Back