1992 Rocky Mountain Blizzard...

zonoskar":26enik62 said:
Are you going to rattle-can it?
Yup, before any criticism starts flying around check out my vertex and fat city flyer as both were painted with a rattle can. If you do it properly you can do a really nice professional job with a rattle can. I'll post pics of my process... Now only issue is durability. Rattle can paint is only single stage so it will not be as durable... This means that it will chip easier... But I can do it myself for practically nothing.... And that's what I like about it...

I'll start posting pics over the next week or so of the progress on the prep work... Stay tuned

Sounds great. If you buy a 2K clear laquer rattle can, the durability/chipping problem is also fixed. Only problem is that you have to use it within 24h after purchase.

zonoskar":3nvse4i7 said:
Sounds great. If you buy a 2K clear laquer rattle can, the durability/chipping problem is also fixed. Only problem is that you have to use it within 24h after purchase.

Good call! What's the compatibility of a 2k clear over generic 1k rattle can? Is there any chance the clear will shrink / lift? Or is that only if I don't give the paint enough time to dry / cure?

I think it is best if you apply the 2K wet on wet. So maximum of a few hours between the layers. But I'm no paint expert.

zonoskar":1uzf74ua said:
I think it is best if you apply the 2K wet on wet. So maximum of a few hours between the layers. But I'm no paint expert.

Yup I always paint rattle can wet on wet all in one go... But if I clear I would want decals below clear so I would need to wait...

Do you have any updates on this project? I just bought myself a '92 Blizzard myself and am quickly learning what a deal I got.

A quick question that maybe one of you can answer. I'm pretty sure its a 1992 from the black top/white paint job, but it has the Syncros Powerlite (white) forks which from reading earlier comes on the 1991. Can someone help me figure out what I have?

I'll get around to taking some photos soon and starting a post myself.

Thanks.

Depends how what and stuff people have done to it. White powerlites are not very common.

The important part is start that build thread asking your question then we can answer leaving this for his project. Pictures like you mention are the biggest help and serial number too.
If you paid less than 150quid for it you did well.

jkeitch":1nsxyzo4 said:
Do you have any updates on this project? I just bought myself a '92 Blizzard myself and am quickly learning what a deal I got.

A quick question that maybe one of you can answer. I'm pretty sure its a 1992 from the black top/white paint job, but it has the Syncros Powerlite (white) forks which from reading earlier comes on the 1991. Can someone help me figure out what I have?

I'll get around to taking some photos soon and starting a post myself.

Thanks.

Back