1992 Offroad Proflex 552

Bike Hoarder

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Picked this up from Mattbrown a few months ago for Karma - Thanks Matt! :cool:

Been fiddling with it since picking it up, randomly bolting on parts, still not finished though. Used mostly parts removed from an extremely rusty Cro-Mega LX, so 500LX components, Exage hubs on Sun Levanter rims, some old Psychos, and the obligatory flex stem.

Came without elastomers (the missing link you might say!), used some polyurethane bump stumps left over from poly bushing my Mk2. Chopped them down to fit, and boshed them in. Still yet to ride it, but they pass the push test! ;) Let's see how the work in the cold.... :roll:

It's no Yeti i know, but the sum of all the parts stands me nothing - £0! Most stuff has been swaps, or picked up for nothing locally - the only thing i can remember buying was the grips, but that was years ago.

1992 Offroad Proflex 552 by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

More pics here;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62385612@N06/sets/72157626990987805/

Thanks Matt, some cables and some fine tuning and i'll take it for a blast. :D

Oh, and a front mech.... (31.8mm, bottom pull, preferably 500LX, anyone? - gotta be cheap mind you(ha!)) ;)

That has turned out very nicely :cool: .

I have the exact same frame and forks awaiting my attention but they aren't half as tidy as yours.

cool;. i have a thing for proflex bikes at the minute. good job

Thanks everyone, trying to keep it period(ish) with what i have available.

May change the seatpost to silver or the bars to black... not sure. :roll:

I remember the first time i saw one in Delamere Forest with some chinless Nigel riding one! I love Proflexes!

Back