1992 Marin PM with Browning forks, £135 BIN.

brocklanders023":3mci89hx said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Marin-Pine-Mountain-with-Browning-suspension-1992-/192084337481?hash=item2cb91e6349:g:txsAAOSw241YefpD

Price is a bit more sensible than the last one offered for sale! :facepalm: :LOL:

Last one with the same suspension was a Team Marin not a Pine Mountain but this is nice and pretty cheap, even it is missing the suspension dial/cap (visual purposes only) which is supposed to be in the top of the stem circle section (I can only see a screw there so guess that's usually covered by the cap) nice and I'd buy it had I not got several Marins I'm working on. Good luck whoever gets it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

So tempted to hit the buy it now and drive up to Cambridge, I can't believe at that price it hasn't sold, I've paid more for a pair of tyres recently :roll:
Shame that some early Marin's are so underrated......

right bike - right year - best colour

but its just so unloved.... its been ridden hard and used as it should but! it would be a real effort to get it back to a standard I would be happy at, especially at that price IMO - I mean.... £50 AND some money spent on it would get you something you'd find useable and looking good. great looking stance on these bikes but frame & forks would have to be wet sprayed, frame decals, a repro decal for the fork dial :facepalm: never mind chance of a ding or dents as I cant tell from the pics.........

RBG

xxnick1975":2d98lqa5 said:
Perhaps it means at some point in the bikes 25 year odd life it was mothballed for a decade

Exactly the case! - had recently been bought out of retirement for use as a road bike.
Bought new from Ben Hayward cycles in 1992 - same owner since then.
The frame and forks are straight with no dents, the scratches and rough paint work from being stored for years with other bikes on top.
Forks work, - yes, browning top cap missing. non- original bars.
Everything else is there…. Good RM17's on DX hubs, Flite Transalp, DX group set. Marin branded rubber handle seat QR

…. :cool: Was to good not to be tempted. :cool:

Plans? - Strip, re paint, new decals, Shinier DX where possible. Neon orange flat bars.

…pics.

Cheers all.

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• MPM4.jpg
    MPM4.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 833
  • MPM3.jpg
    MPM3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 832
  • MPM2.jpg
    MPM2.jpg