1992 Marin Bolinas Ridge

And1e

Retro Newbie
Spotted a Marin Bolinas Ridge for sale for £25.
Not really needing another bike but at this money not a lot to lose.
Is this bike worth the hassle or am I better buying a better bike. From my research the Bolinas Ridge was entry level but I'm struggling to tell the difference between the frames of this and better models. Fancied the idea of getting it to thrash through local forest tracks and not be too fussy about cleaning it afterwards. Don't want to take my sparkly GT through the mud and spend ages cleaning it every weekend.

Re:

Yeah entry level, you might be right about the frame being the same as higher models but just the component spec being lower.
For £25 you can't argue really (as long as its all working) , think how much time and money on cleaning products it'll save you ;)

Re:

You can do a alot worse for that kind of money.

But, that model has a rear horizontal dropout, so be careful if you wanna raz it around.

basic tange tubing and has the same colour scheme as the team bike of the same year.

For me, buy it and look after it, it's a marin, of which i am a big fan. if you want a forest smasher look for a universal, townsend, of suchlike.

It's advertised as a 16" however looking into the model they seem to be 15.5" might be in the small size.
however I only have a 30" inside leg.

Back