1992 Klein Adroit Backfire UltraLight replica

This is the BEST thread for Ultralight Kleins imaginable. Thanks for all the contributions, gorgeous photos and great info... absolutely fabulous build too ...

... I Just picked up a (107mm) titanium spindle to get onto my '92 Backfire Attitude at some point - does anyone know what an equivalent steel version weighs? Also, would love to source Ti spindles for my Suntour XC Pro pedals and wondered how much that would save. Currently got my build to 8.88 kilos (19.4Lbs) without these (incl. pedals, cages & straps).

Re:

Pretty sure I’ve got a steel 107 in my lot and I have Ti Pro axles waiting to be fitted to some pedals, PM me and I’ll weigh them up the weekend.

Re: Re:

Vinevo":1dgmfrwy said:
Pretty sure I’ve got a steel 107 in my lot and I have Ti Pro axles waiting to be fitted to some pedals, PM me and I’ll weigh them up the weekend.

Hey, thanks Ash. Don't seem to be able to send PMs for some reason ... yes please to your offer, & pls PM bk as u like ...

The 107/108 mm Ti spindle I have weighs 77g ...

Not sure if I'll put this on my '92 Attitude and switch chain sets to XTR; otherwise, might be looking to trade for a slightly wider one. Best wishes

Back