1992 Elite, Final update I think. Very pic HEAVY

Finally got around to replacing the very tired DX drivetrain today with XT/Middleburn, shes had Fr and Rr Mechs Rr with SRP breakaway bolt, chain, Chainset and cables a bit of a polish and a few more X-Lite goodies. Cam locks and PSS1 saddle though opinion in my head is still devided on this I reckon it could grow on me. Lastly some Mavic 231CD shod XT hubs, love these wheels though they're not in the best nick even after a repack and new bearings.

All in Ive tried to replicate an XT spec machine with a few mods that I would have done over time if I'd had it from new rather than try to match all the parts to the exact year. For me this was half the fun BITD, waiting till I'd saved enough money for a stem I didn't really need or eventually replacing things with more boutique option when an item was no good any more.

Hope you like

DSC00559.jpg

new retrobike stickers too
DSC00561.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00560.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

Oh and I've removed those unwanted chain links :D

Great looking build there mate. :cool:

But get that flite back on there or find a black x-lite :LOL:

Looks great with the x-lite and middleburn kit, a proper british build, I like it. Winstanleys have those x-lite saddles NOS in blue and black in stock at the moment........

chrisv40":1ke0wl0v said:
Stunning :D

Think I preferred the flite though.

Have you weighed it yet?

Thanks guys, unfortunately I have no scales so can't weigh it :cry: I'm still not sure about the saddle either but gonna give it a chance to grow on me at least. :D :D It must be close to 20lbs now?

I went for red cos I thought it similar to the Orange flights some had but then....

prod_40308.jpg

Looks pretty sweet in Blue too, Damnit now you've got me all confused again

But black............................. :? :? :? :? :?

Back