1992 Dave Yates Diablo (Completion pics on page 6)

N.O.B Has Oversize Columbus Max tubing whilst a Diabolo has standard Cromor or Max with a few of both made of Reynolds. The N.O.B has more racy geometry I think :? ...

Cheers guys, it came 3rd so very pleased!

Great to see some more Yates getting restored too, really enjoyed this build, real quality bikes, wouldn't mind doing another if I get the chance.

mrkawasaki":wztjzcwk said:
What is the difference between a N.O.B. and a Diablo??

The Diablo/Diabolo, for the main used Columbus Cro-mor tubing and came supplied with a project two fork purchased in, fastback seatstays were the norm, angles as Ollie mentioned were biased to all day trail riding more than a race bike.

The Donkis Nob, combined Columbus Max OR and Reynolds 753, Race orientated geometry, dependant on rider weight using internal machining where appropriate (similar to Roberts), extended seat tube with a slightly more aggressive sloping top tube, original prototype and later models machined headtube with ring reinforcement top and bottom. Fast back seatstays became a thing of the past on this model in favour of the lovely fillet brazed join you will see on Gios for example, and by this point in time a forward facing seatclamp.

It was claimed at the time the overall weight saving between two similarly equipped and sized bikes was nearly 1lb.. :shock:

Shouldn't have taken a year off as I missed all this and you didn't mention it at the party! Looks like new or better.
How does your back cope with the small frame high seat post? I can't do that anymore. I have some weight to shift now my busted ankle has healed so maybe we should start riding together again.
If this was mine I may not want to get it dirty though!

Carl

Back