1992 Breezer Lightning Pro - Needs a saviour...$175 USD

34henry3w

Retro Guru
Hello Everyone,

This bike was dropped off at our local not-for profit bike shop that reconditions used bikes for the community. We are hoping to sell it to someone who has the ability to restore it. All funds go towards keeping old bikes running and in the hands of the needy!

The bike appears to be a 1992 Breezer Lightning Pro with ritchey logic prestige tubing and ritchey dropouts. It is approximately 19'' to 20''. The frame has a gash and dent on the top tube as shown in the pictures. This will have to be addressed. It is possible the top may need replacing. The bike appears to have the original fork, ritchey headset, a deore front derailleur and deore top mount shifters. All other parts are unoriginal and will be removed and recycled prior to shipping.

This project is not for the faint of heart, or wallet. It is for a charitable retrobike nut who would love to help save a part of MTB history from oblivion! Help this bike rise from the ashes!

NOTE: Only frame, fork, deore front derailleur, deore top mount shifters, ritchey headset are included in the sale. All other parts will be removed and recycled.

I will pack and ship anywhere in the continental US for an additional $50USD

Paypal or cash only. Scammers, don't even bother trying! I will pretend to be going along with it and waste hours of your time!

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 836
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 836
  • 92BreezerCover.JPG
    92BreezerCover.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 836
Re:

For the time being I have decided not to sell it. I stripped the paint around the dents and they aren't bad at all. the gash looked terrible but there is 5 layers of paint on this thing from the factory!..it hardly even touched the metal. The other dents will likely come out with a frame blocks, some heat, and maybe some hydraulics

I got in touch with Joe Breeze, he has most of the decals and will track down the eps for the rest..what a nice guy.

Oh and I found the stem!!

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 653
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 653
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 652
Re:

Good that you decided not to sell! This bike needs a good restoration, will follow with interest! :LOL:

Re:

Let me know how you get on with the decals (eps?) as I could do with a new set for my identical 92 Lightning Pro, glad you are rescuing this one :)

Latest posts

Back