1992 Altitude small size

troje

Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

If he is looking for 1500 EUR he could have at least cleaned it up. Non matching wheels and a strange component mix are definitely a downside. Rare frame size and rare red fork plus seatpost. Not more than 500EUR is my guess. Frame deserves to be saved though ...

Re:

Agree on the components, nothing spectacular there apart from the seatpost. The frame though is much sought after. I think the highest desirable is the 1991 Altitude that is build using Logic tubing. Shortly thereafter, this one. The later Altitudes ride equally nice but appeal less than these iconic early ones. In original paint and in good condition, like this one, they easily fetch prices north of 1k.

Re: Re:

troje":2mb0en8f said:
Agree on the components, nothing spectacular there apart from the seatpost. The frame though is much sought after. I think the highest desirable is the 1991 Altitude that is build using Logic tubing. Shortly thereafter, this one. The later Altitudes ride equally nice but appeal less than these iconic early ones. In original paint and in good condition, like this one, they easily fetch prices north of 1k.

Which makes me so glad I bought my frame n bits '91 Altitude bitd frame/fork(mag20 oddly*)/stem/seatpost etc for ~£300 :)
* no idea why, it was an ex team demo bike thing, but only original mag colour fork iirc (before I snapped them, seatpost bent on the tube and bent in the cradle way :-( )
But that was just under 30 years ago :LOL:

I'd love a 1992, but in a proper size like 20" and if it came with a free TiBolt or Titanium I wouldn't complain.

But for €1500 I would want it looking really good and have excellent condition original parts on it.

Re:

Hey FC, I like your ‘91, are you still riding it?

I agree, the 1.5k BIN is a bit steep for this package but I ‘ve seen these frames changes hands for 1k plus.... only in Germany though. And that’s before the C/19 madness upping prices.

Re: Re:

troje":11lgi27c said:
Hey FC, I like your ‘91, are you still riding it?

I agree, the 1.5k BIN is a bit steep for this package but I ‘ve seen these frames changes hands for 1k plus.... only in Germany though. And that’s before the C/19 madness upping prices.

Didn't for a while, It's back down to stick some older proper groupset back on and ride it again before the frame falls apart. IT has loads of rust worm, but hey ho still strong and it's only under tha paint. But it's nice paint, what's left of it.

This '92 frame is in quite good condition given they normally have a lot of scrapes and the decals have deteriorated.

Hope somebody enjoys riding it if they buy it :)

Back