1992/93 KHS Montana Comp/Team Paint Colour help

TheEasyLife

Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
Hello,

I'm about to get my 1993 KHS Montana Pro frame and forks painted in the Blue and Pink Comp/Team colours. Except that I've never seen these colours in the flesh, only in pics. And my painters need to know which exact colours it should be of course.. so I can't advise them.. Do'h! Or I trust their judgement :shock: (they do have a decent reputation in all fairness) and they paint it based on pics I've linked them to on here :D

To my eye, the pink looks just like the shade I see on modern Fiat 500's. I wouldn't have a clue which shade the blue is or if it is even a metallic without having it and a ral/pantone references infront of me.

So, can anyone with a Comp or Team please advise me exactly which shade of Pink and Blue these colours actually are so that my painters can then order it in to paint my bike please? Or has anyone else repainted their comp/Team and knows the correct paint colour codes?

I did ask KHS what it should be but their response went along the lines of "we don't keep such colour details, use nail polish for touch ups". Having come from (and am still in) the classic car world where colours, specifications and every other detail is documented to the nth degree, this really surprises me. And that is why such details live on this website.

Many thanks

James

Re:

How about when you come to collect your tyres we could take my bike to the local paint-shop and you can pick the best colour matches? :)

Re:

How can I refuse on offer like that?

I'll bring the biscuits then :-D

I'd better start a build thread now I've officially announced the build then..

Cheers

James

Re: Re:

TheEasyLife":2c7rmkzc said:
How can I refuse on offer like that?

I'll bring the biscuits then :-D

I'd better start a build thread now I've officially announced the build then..

Cheers

James

:cool:

Gluten, dairy and sugar free please! :facepalm:

Speak soon to arrange.

Cheers :)

Mine was repainted a long time ago, but I would describe the blue as "dark navy" and the pink as "bright fluo pink". The pink always faded after a while and became a bit more "girly pink" :LOL:

Back