1991 Team Marin-Alternate Color

Re: Re:

JonTom":3c3zbckc said:
Holy Hell ... look at that! :shock:

The swapped parts are no biggie so I wouldn't worry about them. The RM-17 is a lovely rim, a replacement Marin front tyre (or something else of the right period) shouldn't be too hard to find, and there are plenty of grips and Shark Fins are on Ebay.

That's a seriously killer find. I'm jealous (even if it is a size too small for me). Well done.

probably the parts were swapped prior to sale...the irc rides ok, probably they put the irc because it's front specific...
I was reading/following wookiee's build when this popped on our local classifieds so picked it up immediately at a very reasonable price...no complains.
I got my first retro ride.

Re: Re:

xerxes":31uo2znu said:
RM 17's came on the Pine Mountain so maybe using up the stock they had?

My 1990 Pine Mountain came with RM 20s. :?

How about the French catalogue? If I'm not mistaken it was a black team with rm 17s but anodized.

Maybe this was for the canadian market?

Re:

here are some additional photos...

Attachments

• Optimized-IMG_0536.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0536.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 338
  • Optimized-IMG_0540.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0540.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 337
  • Optimized-IMG_0532.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0532.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 338
  • Optimized-IMG_0530.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0530.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 338
Stipen2317":2wmiyky7 said:
...but I'm worried that if I expose it on too much sunlight, the colors might fade.

Well i guess if you leave it outside for 20 years the paint will indeed look different.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243952

But on the other hand when you look at my Eldridge Grade there is no fading at all and i never really did something to preserve the paint the last 20 years other than to put the bike inside my garden house when i was not using it.

I would be more worried about riding in the rain since you could get ill. ;) Look at your seat tube. The sticker reads "Designed and race proven in Marin County". And when you look at the pictures from Fairfax Pat you see that the sun really shines every day there. :cool:

Yeah I've been following that tread on the team marin that was slightly faded...so far that's the only bike I saw on google with the Same color scheme as mine...

Juice, Your Eldridge grade is top notch. :D

the clear coat on these Marins looks tough...
Sometimes the color makes me feel a bit too conscious when I take it for a spin.

Back