1991 Marin Pine Mountain Build

Re: Re:

Rotorhead":3gkpwnio said:
Just seen this project and I love it. How are you getting on? I'm hopefully attaching a pic of my 1991 Pine Mountain which I finished early in July. Mine was in pretty good nic when I got it so nothing like what you've taken on. It rides beautifully so it's worth keeping going. One tip: Gil dis me some great decals but some of them were larger proportions than the originals so worth specifying exact sizes if you're going that route.

Can see your pictures now, that looks great, hopefully mine will end up as nice as that.

Cheers

Thanks. Quite pleased with it, going to try it out at the weekend, if it ever stops raining :-o

Have a better stem for the Pine Mountain now, the other one was off a Muirwoods and had too high a rise.

Needs repainted but so does the whole bike!

Untitled by Mac74, on Flickr

Lovely job. I do have a soft spot for a Zolatone Marin. Owned a lovely 92 (I think) Eldridge Grade BITD. Until it was nicked. Great frame with a really well thought out spec -- good mix of DX and XT RapidFire+ shifters (the first ones with a finger trigger for downshifts, much better than the two thumb triggers).

Anyway, great job!

WandsworthRouleur":27zrvx3e said:
Cetim":27zrvx3e said:
Have a better stem for the Pine Mountain now, the other one was off a Muirwoods and had too high a rise.

Needs repainted but so does the whole bike!

Repainting, and then some!

I don't like it too easy!

Back