1991 DEAN Titanium #69

Re:

Yeah ... it's awful what photobucket has done. $400US is Extortion and as people will find when they do searches, we have lost so much content. I'm all for making a buck, but Photobucket's fees are over 10 times their competitors for the same services.

Anyway ... yes. It's a nice Dean :)

Suntour XC Pro was the original spec on the early Deans if you bought a conplete bike.

Re:

It’s been done for a about a month ... winter hit pretty hard so it’s hibernating. I’ll try to get it out for some pics and a BoTM entry in the next couple months.

Re:

I have had this one done since the beginning of 2018. Never got around to a photoshoot. This is one of the lightest bikes I have ever ridden and definitely the most lively with all the Ti. The wheelset on it is one of my show sets ... I used a Campy/XC Pro/Smoke and Dart set for riding.

Frame: 1991 DEAN Titanium

Fork: Litespeed Titanium

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Dean Titanium
Handlebar: Dean Titanium
Grips: Ritchey
Barends: Onza Ti

Brakes: Avid Tri Aligns
Brake Pads: WTB
Brake Cables: Suntour
Cantilever cable hangers: Avid
Brake Levers: NOS Suntour XC Pro

Shifters: NOS Suntour XC Pro
Front Derailleur: NOS Suntour XC Pro
Rear Derailleur: NOS Suntour XC Pro
Derailleur Cables: Suntour
Cassette: NOS Suntour XC Pro
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Cooks
Crank Bolts: Titanium
Chainrings: REAL
Chainring bolts: Titanium
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: Shimano XT 737

Hub Skewers: NOS Nukeproof Titanium
Rims: NOS Mavic 231 Ceramic
Hubs: NOS Nukeproof Titanium
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: NOS Specialized
Tubes: MEC

Saddle: Selle Titanium Perforated
Seatpost: Dean Titanium
Seatpost Binder: Titanium

Weight: 21 lbs

I really love this build, another superb output from the Jim stable. Always had a soft-spot for DEANs, I think it's the primary colours on the logo that appeals so much set against the primarily grey backgrounds.

And those decals on the Onza bar ends are such a clever addition - that earns my vote for it in BOTM for sure!

21 lbs is a great weight. Aweome!

Bravo Jim. :cool:

Re:

Compliments, it's a very nice project. You have gathered everything you need to mount it.
One of the first product models, always very interesting to collect.
Beautiful classic montage.

Very nice bike and a great build with some nice touches :cool:

I too was always drawn to DEAN frames/bikes in the ads, always at the front of MBA, back in the day, due to their coloured logo and nice shaped frames :)

would love to own one

mark

Re:

Thanks guys!

I always dug the fun colours over the Titanium on Deans.

Fun bike to ride ... I feel a little more sure on the Merlin with the Syncros fork and kit, but this one is amazingly smooth on the trails.

Back