1991 Breezer Storm **price drop**

dogpipebeard

Retro Newbie
For sale is my 1991 Breezer Storm.

I bought this bike new from Walton Cycles in spring 1992. I still have the owner's manual and a period photocopy of a magazine review for the bike somewhere. The bicycle is complete and nearly entirely original and unmolested.
As a 1991 Storm, it is red with curved forks. Ritchey frame, seat post, forks, stem, bars etc. DX/XT mix.

The non-original parts are: tyres, brake pads, wheel quick releases (replaced by shop when new), seat post quick release replaced with period alloy bolt (for weight savings :), short cage period XT replaces original DX derailleur (swapped 25 years ago by my brother). Period Onza bar ends are fitted and very scratched and patina, original grips crudely trimmed way back when to fit. Seat hite-rite spring is missing. Period '93 LX black center pulls replace original DX. Original DX pedals still on it, clips are long gone though.

Original Avocet seat in place, good condition but some scrapes to the rear sides (from being stood up against trees and walls).
XT rapid fire + works fine, but needs some adjusting for full range
Paint is pretty good, all original, never been sprayed. Obviously it bears numerous scratches and scrapes, but no dents to frame, no rust. Has only been wet maybe 20 times in 26 years.
Brakes could do with a fine adjustment/cable tidy.

Has served me well for my adult life in the Pennines, Birmingham suburbs, Norf London, Bristol, eastern France, Swiss Alps and Surrey. Semi retired 6 years ago in favour of a Kevin Sayles made 853 Woodrup. Has always lived indoors, never been abused, wheelied, mucked about. Has been properly used and in the great outdoors and in urban roles. New job and house has no storage options, kids' bikes take priority. Someone can adopt my Breezer and treat it nice for another 25 years.

Size: BB to TT is 18", TT length is 23". (Sold as a 17")

Bicycle is in GU6 (Surrey)
Looking for GBP 400 - offers and discussions after viewing welcomed. Viewing evenings and weekends only (until half term week).

Re: 1991 Breezer Storm

Some pics would be good for condition etc :)

Re: 1991 Breezer Storm

Lovely stuff, stick some tan walls on, raise the saddle, remove the bar ends and away you go.

Must resist though ;)

Good luck with your sale buddy, that’s a great bike

Did this ever sell? Worth good money in the states and europe. I have one and get stopped all the time. Nice bikes in Europe can be around the £1000 mark and in the US they are more! Its one of the few bikes I regularly see sell for more than it was new. Legendary Maker and Quality.

Back