1991 Alpinestars Ti Mega

Re:

I can’t believe it was in Canada! Short greyhound bus ride and it was in the build line. Two bikes in two weeks both from the same place ... June garage cleanout is always fun :)

Just to confirm what most know ... I am a stage 11 hoarder. I’ve got a couple of these forks (new take off) in the parts department:

Re:

TheJackel2013":2izusrk4 said:
I can’t believe you scooped me on this one. And I’m in Ottawa too.

Nice score. And looking forward to the build.

The Ottawa area had some really great stuff lately. I went
2 for 3. I got this one and the 1989 American M-16. Missed a mint 83 stumpy though.

Re:

So these things were made by Litespeed. I think I knew that, forgot it, and reminded myself.

The serial numbers are sequential Litespeed numbers. So this is the 3565th frame build by Litespeed ... happens to to for Alpinestars. That carries over apparently to all frame Litespeed built for other manufacturers. Litespeed can only confirm they made it ... not when. This is apparently an early 1991 according to the former owner.

Re:

Aluminum Blades and CK headset installed. I have a never 2nut coming from CK.

Just need to get the stem powder coated black and it’s all down hill. Planning on a XTR m900 group, bit of black bling, and some fun wheels.

Without being rude can I ask what’s with those black forks
They look 2nd rate compared to the Ti version

Am I missing something as your not the first to use them, I’m sure it was the Pro’s Closet that we’re toying with swapping out a Ti set for the black Aluminium ones

Just don’t get

Back