1991 Alpinestars Al-Mega DX

Linoleum

Dirt Disciple
Not really sure why I picked this up... likely the low low price. Its a little big, but in very good condition with some interesting parts. The Girvin stem is matching in color, but solid as a rock. (Are they supposed to move??) I scanned closely for cracks and couldn't find anything at all... just a little cable rub here and there. The gripshifts are already in the bottom of my parts bin, thinking this needs a thumbshifter for a little 1X7 action. The front derailleur is a strange beast and looks like a nightmare to adjust, seven gears should be ok. Oh.. the bottom bracket is a little crunchy...can anyone tell me the sizing for that?

Best,
Rich.

Attachments

• alpinestar2.jpg
    alpinestar2.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,490
Looks bloody lovely, all I'd change would be the Risers (as I'm not a fan) but otherwise it's looking like the start of a good build.. :cool:

Very nice :cool:

Steve They're flat bars not risers .....think you need an eye test :LOL:

yeah sorry I was looking at three different bikes and things at once... :oops: :oops: not helped by a house full of mental kids and a few beers...

So in ligh of the new evidence, the bikes absolutely perfect in my eyes.. :cool:

mikee":amasr5wp said:
top find

looks un faded too

Which is surprising here in AZ where the temp hovers 90+ degrees, 8 months of the year. I tried a little rubbing compound in the rough areas and its really going to shine.

top find.....the iconic as colourscheme too.....i like it!!!.......(the riser thing made me laugh too)......

Back