1990s Titanium MTB Frame 19" (Titanium Red, DNA) £250 ono

Re: FOR SALE - 19" Titanium Frame (Titanium Red, DNA)

As the owner of a Russian ti(and very happy with it) can I say they do polish up well with some 3000 grit wet and dry and autosol with 0000 grade high quality wire wool, and soft cloth/autosol, and you'll get akin to a mirror finish.

Can I say looking at your auction that you need to clean the polish out of the welds as it makes them look somewhat tatty. Might just be angle/shadow making it look worse that it is in real life :?
Also you can spray lacquer onto polished surfaces to keep their shine, because they can oxidize a bit and it goes a bit patchy.

dyna-ti":2wsc9m47 said:
As the owner of a Russian ti(and very happy with it) can I say they do polish up well with some 3000 grit wet and dry and autosol with 0000 grade high quality wire wool, and soft cloth/autosol, and you'll get akin to a mirror finish.

Can I say looking at your auction that you need to clean the polish out of the welds as it makes them look somewhat tatty. Might just be angle/shadow making it look worse that it is in real life :?
Also you can spray lacquer onto polished surfaces to keep their shine, because they can oxidize a bit and it goes a bit patchy.

Thanks for the comments... I think :?

Not entirely sure describing the welds as looking ‘tatty’ is particularly helpful to my cause though!

I mean that the polish which blackens in contact with the oxide gets right deeply into the leading edges of the weld and creates a shadow that make it look like it stands proud. Always looks great till you blow up the pic size :)

Even though youve polished off all the polish with a clean rag, were you to wipe the area with clean kitchen towel, it would still show polish. I've found washing it with hot soapy water and a dish brush after the polish cleans out the hard to get bits.

dyna-ti":cdnwt88s said:
I mean that the polish which blackens in contact with the oxide gets right deeply into the leading edges of the weld and creates a shadow that make it look like it stands proud. Always looks great till you blow up the pic size :)

Even though youve polished off all the polish with a clean rag, were you to wipe the area with clean kitchen towel, it would still show polish. I've found washing it with hot soapy water and a dish brush after the polish cleans out the hard to get bits.

Ok fine... but ‘tatty’ !?!?!?

Still available and relisted...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143330074267

If you are interested please feel free to make me an offer...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Honestly it doesn’t need bumping back to top every day or even twice a day. Give it time and it will sell without trying so hard.

Back