1990 trek 8500

Re:

Late to the party! Glad to see that it's landed at a good home.

FWIW that's a 1991 model, and the top Trek Aluminium - or Aluminum - offering. A mate of mine at school had the yellow 830 from this model year so I remember the catalogue well. The 1991-2 Trek bikes were very underrated I reckon (who else offered bullseye hubs and graftons on a mass-production bike?) and probably some of their better production years...to me at least.

It's cleaning up great - and would look even nicer if the faded decals were replaced ;)

Re:

I'm glad there aren't any nasty surprises for you buddy! :cool:

Hope it's as nice to ride

Mike

cheers gents, checked catalogies and amended ;)

i remember jay hardy?.........from the totally wild vid having the red trek and thinking it was so understated but cool bitd.

no progress tonight, fitted a new zee chainset to a mates orange alpine, still tinkering though :)

Re:

That looks really nice , so much better in close up :cool:

Must be something about the area , i have just picked up a 95 Trek 8700
alloy / carbon job from just up the road !

Paul

Like it. :cool:

Were they the Tange Big Forks? Think I have the MBUK with the fork test with them in it. IIRC they rated pretty well. If they are them 'uns then I wouldn't change them out for bounce personally.
If they are not them 'uns then just ignore me! :facepalm:

:LOL:

Re:

Yup tange forks and rek I'll keep it rigid, looks too nice

Small update, headset and bb fitted with new grease. Forks fitted and cleaned the flexstem as well. Replaced the super soft elastomer with a hard skateboard truck rubber and fitted the bars. Cleaned up my lx/231 wheels and fitted the hc-dart/smoke to them with the xt quick releases and a better cassette.

Racing tomorrow so doubt I'll get owt done. Hoping the seatpost shim arrives and the seat coller strips of paint well enough for a quick coat of black this week. I really want to strip and clean the use post and get it bouncy again......

Re: Re:

Racin'snake":3r1k5exs said:
I'm glad to see my hours and hours trawling Gumtree aren't for nothing :D

You are going to have a lot to answer for soon I imagine! :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back