1990 MuddyFox Adventurer

Once again a hero!!!
Oh yes. Not what I expected clicking on this. Wasn't even sure where this was in the range.
My unicorn sort of is/was a 1990 Seeker Mega. Closest I've got is a scabby Mega 500 frame set.. and found the 1989 models are arguably better than my 500. I love what you've done it did cross my mind to throw posh groupset on but unbelievably the 400 and 500 LX stuff was part of the appeal (I did have a 200gs Shogun at the time).
But yes bravo you've proved it's a winning formula. Love it. Does it ride nice and satisfy the itch in this build?

Cheers for the kind words ;)

To have done a factory build would have been a bit underwhelming - although I do have most of the XCT parts to do that should I decide to move the XT stuff on at some point. Putting a posh groupset on really was just an indulgence for the look of it :)

The ride - well, I'm sure my 12-13year old self would have been loving it on the trails with the fancy parts, but sadly for me now in my 40's, it just doesn't suit my flexibility! One to look at and think on nostalgically really!

reanimation":3p7i9w41 said:
Once again a hero!!!
Oh yes. Not what I expected clicking on this. Wasn't even sure where this was in the range.
My unicorn sort of is/was a 1990 Seeker Mega. Closest I've got is a scabby Mega 500 frame set.. and found the 1989 models are arguably better than my 500. I love what you've done it did cross my mind to throw posh groupset on but unbelievably the 400 and 500 LX stuff was part of the appeal (I did have a 200gs Shogun at the time).
But yes bravo you've proved it's a winning formula. Love it. Does it ride nice and satisfy the itch in this build?

Really, really, like this bike!

Back in 1992 when I was seriously into MTBing, my daily ride buddy had exactly this model. Brings back great memories seeing this. So good that it's a NOS frameset, which I think raises its appeal way more than if you'd simply repainted one and fitted repop decals.

The black XT group suits it so well! Excellent build! :cool:

jimwise68":2fxvhgym said:
that simply looks awesome. Nice build :)

Cheers :D
Good enough for a runners up spot in BOTM towards the end of ‘19 - beaten by a Yeti C-26 recreation :|

Back