1990 Merlin Titanium

Thanks for the post corrections. Late night post + couple beers = poor post.

I thought about the WTB path, but then I'd need to run WTB RCs and all that and I chose IRD for the build and didn't think those two were really compatible. Besides I built this bike already with the WTB stuff... so

DSC_1653.jpg

Hi Martin,

great build. I have a slight memory of my Merlin like the IRD parts, but yours is a half year or so older. U-brake and when I look properly, yours have no grease guard bb. So I think it was build up to the middle of 1990? Anyway, it looks awesome!

Cheers,
Michael

:facepalm: Is this Merlin's month?

Very. Very nice build! I like classic and it is both classic and and hi level components!
Do you know the frame serial number?
Good job!

Re:

Nice bike. Did Actiontec make several versions of their ti chainrings? I have a set and they look different. I would like to get ahold of ones like yours.

They made two different designs, these are the older ones. They're fairly flimsy and don't really shift all that well, but they do look pretty cool.

Re:

Very nice built !
I love it !
Just missing an older Cook's or CQP

How rides those forks ?

Re:

Nice build MK, I really like the IRD parts, those chainrings...not so much. They look great but I'll take plain chainrings that shift over eye candy any day. Will it be a rider?

Back