199? Clockwork.

albash82

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Earlier this year, this frame was brought into the shop I work in, by the customer that purchased it new, from the same shop, back in the day. He thought we might want it. My colleague wanted to build it, but told me today he's not going to, so I've got it now.

I think I had a rummage thru the catalogue section and deemed it 93 or 94.
Can anyone put me right please?

I'll leave it's patina intact and just build it with stuff I find in the shed or workshop.

Don't remember seeing a ding, but this photo appears to show a top tube ding... We'll see when I get into work tomorrow. It's been left on my desk apparently! IMG-20221103-WA0002.jpg

Recon it's a 93 mate as the 94 frames were mostly Orange branded tubes rather than Tange Infinity, before the name change to c16 later in 94. The serial number will reveal all.

So it seems I did post on here when the frame originally came into "our" possession at shop. (Link is below when you scroll down the similar threads)

I've had a go at the worst looking patches of rust and tbh nothings that deep so I reckon this is fine to build and ride.

I've never had an Orange, so wasn't sure, but I'm becoming quite fond of it. I like the 'fluted'(?) seat tube
IMG_20221109_235221.jpg

3-04 points towards March 1994 which I must admit is later then I thought they were still using Infinity tubes. Must be from the last ever batch of Tange Clockworks which is cool.:cool:

Yeah, they do hold up well and cope with rust much better than the Prestige. Great project!

Latest posts

Back