Wanted 1989 Suntour XC9000 groupset

Re:

This it up for sale on eBay at the moment but it's the six speed (FH-XC10-R6) version and the shifters I've just picked up are seven speed... Presumably I could change the freehub body to make it seven speed? untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

How jammy was I last week when I won this? It's "only" a Sugino GP but it also carries the Suntour XC markings... I've only only seen one other in the last few years of looking, so in my book it's pretty rare.

Anyway, anyone got anything on my list they want to sell? IMG_5800.JPG IMG_5798.JPG

Last edited:
Re:

My favourite groupset, ever. I just picked up a seat post from The Cycle Clinic, via Ebay. They had 26.8 and 27.0 available.
good luck with the search.

Re:

I took the plunge and bought the hub on eBay and it arrived over the weekend along with the Mountain Klein :cool: . But what arrived in the post isn't quite the same as listed on eBay...

"SUNTOUR XC 9000 32 hole rear cassette hub black
6 speed body is 28mm long from outside of threads to sholder
New old stock - never been installed has scratches, shelf wear
Spacing on rear axel is 130mm"

Okay firstly it's 36H not 32H, which isn't a catastrophe but the "6S" sticker is missing. So is it a FH-XC10-R6 or a FH-XC10-U7? From reading this I'd say it's a 7 speed hub; would you agree? suntour_spline_826.jpg XC9000 FH-XC10-U7.JPG IMG_5927.JPG

Last edited:
Re:

Are you getting money off on it for not being the hub advertised?

Saying that, what is not so easy to see in the diagram is the spline is measured from the sticking out knobble. At least the picture shows that (It's from Sutherland's 6th, I shipped it out way back).

Check with somebody that used the older 6speed bodies)

Re:

In that case it's a 6 speed, so I can't complain.

So, I've got 7 speed shifters and a 6 speed hub... Not sure when or if a pair of shifters will turn up, so could the freehub body be removed and replaced with a 7 speed one? If it can what would make a good donor? Just thinking ahead... IMG_5946.JPG

Last edited:
Back