1989 Saracen Tufftrax in the (pink) colour, progress update

Thanks for the comments guys!!!! The bike is stripped to a frame now,well except the chainset as i cant find my tool to take it off at the mo, Keeping the 986's and dx levers,Have got some deore thumbies on the way thanks to a fellow forum member,gripshift will be for sale on here soon,All the gearmechs have been cleaned up but I may change these later on anyway,New cables,seat,tyres and grips and she should be ready to go again. :)

Few more pics of how it stands now, frame has cleaned up a treat and new parts on the way. Deore thumbies and levers will control the dia compe 986's and having deore lx gears and chainset too.
680bff3d.jpg

748ac3a2.jpg

4e90c06d.jpg

d6ff5e2f.jpg

thats got to be a similar age to my eiger. i remember those graphics and colours when i worked at halfords

Bit of an update or the tufftrax!! Took delivery of a carrera katmandu as a donor. Got full lx groupset off it too.
6d7792bb.jpg

a3c5c23e.jpg

Deore thumbies and brake levers.
0d2e0c2c.jpg

Almost new tioga farmer John nephews :)
a99d04ef.jpg

74c0fba3.jpg

9aa78505.jpg

Hi Mate , can I ask a question about the carrera ? its only about the seat post size and front mech clamp size cant find any info any where :?
cheers degs

Yeah thats no problem but you will have to wait til tuesday night as the bike is at the gf's house and im not there tonight!!,will find out and either reply to this post or pm you!!

Back