1989 18" Cannondale SM900 'Red Shred' - Complete Bike

Antstark

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
I bought this a few years back now and it has had 2 careful 'known' Retrobike owners prior to me. I have enjoyed looking at it every time I go into the garage but unfortunately that's as much "use" as it gets. If I am honest this was a nostalgia purchase for me having owned one in 89...that itch has now been scratched and its time to give it to someone who will give it a new lease of life.

1989 18" Cannondale SM900 Red Shred

1989 was arguably the last year of the 'vintage' Cannondales and it saw the introduction of the 3.0 series frames but still no replaceable dropouts.
The frame design was the inspiration for the later 'Beast of the East' models with the higher bottom bracket. Although the frame only measures 15" c-c this is an 18" model. Original catalogue can be found on Brian's fabulous Vintage dale site

http://www.vintagecannondale.com/year/1989/1989.pdf

Full sale spec and "back to original" options provided below.
The "back to original" options are all in excellent condition but not as nice as the parts they would replace , in my opinion.

Frame: 3.0 Series Aluminium with Cro-mo spinner style fork
Stem: Tioga T Bone
Headset: Tange Falcon (Black)
Bars: Tange Prestige II (Black) or Original white Cannondale Alloy
Grips: Ritchey WCS True Grip Foam or Grab On MTN1

Brake Levers: Shimano Deore II MT63 with Black Lever Blades and tioga covers
Brake Arms: Shimano Deore II MT62 Cantilever/ MT63 U Brake in Black
Brake Cables & Outers: Shimano SLR 2mm

Gear Shifters: Shimano Deore II MT62 Thumbshifters
Front Mech: Shimano Deore II MT62
Rear Mech: Shimano Deore II MT62
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN51 122.5mm - Original Deore cup and cone in excellent condition can also be supplied free of charge.
Cranks: Shimano Deore MT60
Chainring [outer / middle / inner] Shimano Deore XT HP 46/36/26
Pedals: SR MTP126 'Low Fat'
Freewheel: Shimano HG70
Chain: Shimano HG70
Gear Cables & Outers: Shimano

Hubs :Shimano Deore DX M650 32 hole
Rims: Mavic M232 CD (As New)
Tyre: Ritchey Force - Duro K (As New)

or

The original Deore II (MT62) Hubs with Gold Label RM20 Super Hard Annodized Rims with very little wear
IRC X1 Pro Tyres again original in excellent condition. Sidewalls and Tread are excellent

Seatpost: Strong PM 30
Saddle: Ritchey Logic Comp
Seatpost QR: Shimano Deore XT or Original Suntour XC (NOS) +£20

Weight: 26.5 lbs (approx)

Condition - This one of the nicest and original Cannondales of this year I have ever come across. The paint is immaculate Dupont Imron Viper red with only a handful of chips and scrapes mainly (and unfortunately) from storage. There are NO areas of aluminium oxidisation or paint bubbling. I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

Your chance to pick up a rare, original, turn key retro steed without all that expense and frustration of looking for those hard to find parts.

Price is paypal gift (or add 4% for fees)

£475 plus postage ....yeah....but.. try find another! :cool:

More pics? you bet :D

Attachments

• IMG_1643 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_1643 (Custom).JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 2,441
  • P3221351 (Custom).JPG
    P3221351 (Custom).JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 2,428
  • IMG_1741 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_1741 (Custom).JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 2,421
  • IMG_1739 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_1739 (Custom).JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 2,421
  • IMG_1750 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_1750 (Custom).JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 2,421
  • IMG_1752 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_1752 (Custom).JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 2,420
  • IMG_1756 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_1756 (Custom).JPG
    98 KB · Views: 2,427
  • IMG_1755 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_1755 (Custom).JPG
    189 KB · Views: 2,437
Re: 1989 18" Cannondale SM900 'Red Shred'

It's gorgeous in the flesh mate...a very reluctant sale..but you know how it is :D

yeti_bomb":14167qsz said:
Thats a looker

Re: 1989 18" Cannondale SM900 'Red Shred'

Yes I do.

I just used the excuse that my wife needs a bike so I bought a smaller BOTE in blue for her. Sneaky... but hope she does ride more.

Re:

How is it that I find that very tempting despite already having one in the shed :facepalm:

Re: Re:

..cos.... you can never get enough of a good thing Adrian :D . .. I know of only 3 of these in the UK.

raidan73":2o1ep5j4 said:
How is it that I find that very tempting despite already having one in the shed :facepalm:

Re:

I'm sure whoever buys this will want the original wheels so can I be cheeky and enquire about the Ritchey Duro-K's ;)

Re: Re:

You can try mate. :D

ratcapa":2seo2m1l said:
I'm sure whoever buys this will want the original wheels so can I be cheeky and enquire about the Ritchey Duro-K's ;)

Back