1988 shimano 105 (some 600 Tricolor) groupset

Kaufman

Dirt Disciple
Hi
New to this. Lockdown project. Converting old racer into single speed. It’s from 1988 and components are mainly Shimano 105 (some Ultegra 600). Is this the right forum to ask the best way of selling? As groupset or individually? And where to sell? Here? I hate Ebay
Thanks

Re:

Okay welcome to the site :D

You have made a good start by asking rather than some who just bumble in and get things horribly wrong.

The best way generally is to offer individually and give a group price also just in case someone wants it all, if you sell it on here there are a couple of things you need to know 1) Now you need at least 30 posts to send a private message, and 2) You also need more posts to put pictures up ( Can't remember how many :facepalm: ) so best to use a hosting site. As you have already said you hate eBay the best way to price things is to look on here and see what they have sold for in the recent past.

All the best

Mark :D

Thanks Mark. Appreciate it. Forgive my ignorance, is this a hosting site? Are you advising to sell on here? Cheers mate.

Tiny pic has long gone, which is a shame as I found it easy to use, I now us imgur as it seems to be easiest, for me anyway.

Re:

Welcome to the forum!

I agree that a good way forward is to give prices for individual items and a price for the whole group. Lots of people here are renovating old bikes that require just one specific part, and you might have just the thing.

Photos are important, and accurate descriptions (including any blemishes, wear, etc.)

Hosting site = photo hosting site. If you have a google account, you can use google photos. Make an album and make it public -- you can then post the link on here. I've not used any other, so can't comment.

Re prices: you can search on here. You could also have a look at eBay completed auctions for a comparison (don't be fooled by the high prices that people ask for; there are lots of items at silly prices that just get endlessly re-listed.) If you want to work out exactly what version of 105/Ultegra you've got, you could start with the excellent VeloBase: http://velobase.com/. Search "By Category" under Components. Worth doing, because we're often looking for something very specific on here.

Enjoy the lockdown project! What frame are you working with?

Nick

Back