1988 Marin Palisades

Synthiaks

Senior Retro Guru
Bought this after it was spotted by @manc_lad and then dropped to £50.

Anyhow, its in really decent shape for the age, seems all original other than the tyres, which I'll be swapping for something more period correct & grippy, rides smoothly, feels like it has low miles on it...nice survivor of a low/mid range 80s MTB. Can't find a catalog for that year to check everything, but looks right...its all Exage Trail groupset.

I removed the reflectors (as always..but do keep them) and bottle cage....gave it a wipe but not a full on clean yet

IMG_20230426_152918.jpg

IMG_20230426_152924.jpg

IMG_20230426_153011.jpg

That's gorgeous 😍

Nice to see a lower end machine appear on here! Looks to be in amazing original condition. Just need to find some skinwall tyres and it's job done. I do love a bit of Exage Trail.

I guess your biggest challenge is making room. Good luck with some "creative shuffling!" 🤣

it's not super exciting compared to a lot of things on here, it is pretty though. at least it proves getting into retro mountain biking doesn't have to involve huge amounts of money.
I have some new skin walls from a place online ages ago that was recommended on here so will stick those on.

Last edited:
Back