Wanted 1988 21" or 23" Muddy Fox Explorer / Trailblazer wanted for a friend.

1980sMTB

Dirt Disciple
F&F or complete project or finished restoration.

There must be one out there somewhere. I have the 19" but a good friend had the 23" back in the day and is looking for another as a retro project in future.

I wouldn't mind a 21" myself - as I always fancied having a go at a Trailblazer project (which I'm pretty sure was the same frame as the Explorer in '88, just painted red and with drop bars) - it was a gravel bike ahead of its time.

Thanks for any leads or pointers on these bikes/frames/projects.

I have a 21" almost mint, fully restored 1989 Pathfinder with upgraded brake calipers and levers, cartridge BB, Suntour XCE front and rear derailleurs with a new Muddy Fox saddle and new tan wall tyres.

I have a 21" almost mint, fully restored 1989 Pathfinder with upgraded brake calipers and levers, cartridge BB, Suntour XCE front and rear derailleurs with a new Muddy Fox saddle and new tan wall tyres.
sounds terrific that nice to hear of a nice one suitable looked after and upgraded with the kit from the correct era too. Good work 👍

I am sure someone that had one would love it. My mate is specifically after an Explorer as its a nostalgia thing for him after having one for a decade and regretting parting with it. I've told him if I can find a tatty one in his size I will restore it for him to re-live his teenage years, he's pretty tall though so its needs to be 21 or ideally 23" like he had originally

Back