1987 Brodie Romax

Re:

Lovely bike, thanks for sharing :cool:

Don't sell it, you'll always regret it, especially since it was custom built for you. Obviously if it was my size then I'd be telling you to sell it ;) :LOL:

Re:

wow!!! that is sweet. you should start your own thread on it.
full photo shoot. I'd like to see more. internal cable routing. nice.
also put your story with it. do you know who painted it at reckless?
was it paint by rich?

check out the other brodie's on here. tony's jellybean romax for one. :cool:
also have a look at our brodie love-in. :D

word of advice. get rid of the wife before that beauty. :LOL:
easier to get another one of them than that bike.
BUT..if you do decide to sell , let me know. :roll:

Re: Re:

davidlewis":3rw1amxj said:
Hey there,

Nope, not off the floor. Made just for me (I'm 6'4" so had to do some tweaking). Thus the patriotic paint job. I worked it off at the shop. Built it up myself, including the first set of wheels. Which was kinda cool as I'd never done a full on build including wheels.

David

Better yet!!

Re:

I have been doing some research on early brodies.
this is the earliest number I have knowledge of so asked paul about it.
here's what he said.

135 is one of (2) 19" climbMaxes finished Sept 04 / 86. Pump pegs and rack bo's. Tange MTB tubing.

it appears this is not a romax but another fillet brazed climbmax.
time for some new decals. :)

Re:

Too cool! Thanks Roy
Interesting that I bought it off the original owner. He said it was a Romax, but that was after I listed off the model names.

I'll forward this to the new owner.

Lovely Brodie :)

I know of another one that is right around this vintage in my friend's shop. It was converted to a track bike ... I kid you not. It will break your heart, but the previous owner removed the noodle, bosses, etc. leaving it bare and than added sliding dropouts. I would love to buy it and save it :(

jimi911":335piaa8 said:

I know of another one that is right around this vintage in my friend's shop. It was converted to a track bike ... I kid you not. It will break your heart, but the previous owner removed the noodle, bosses, etc. leaving it bare and than added sliding dropouts. I would love to buy it and save it :(
any chance you could snap a picture of two of it?
and if it's a friend's shop, would he let you check
what the serial number is?

Retro_Roy":3vgv0nea said:
jimi911":3vgv0nea said:

any chance you could snap a picture of two of it?
and if it's a friend's shop, would he let you check
what the serial number is?

For sure. He just moved so I assume it still on the wall. I'll be in this week to grab some cable. I'll snap a pic for you. Maybe it starts the conversation of me buying it again :)

Latest posts

Back