1987 Brodie ROMAX.... Update!!!... well... Minor Update

Re: 1987 Brodie ROMAX.... Welcome to club Romax... ooooh yeeaaaa

Hi... so, I have to play ignorance as I'm quite new to the history of Brodie. I had thought that unless it said "Art Shop" on the frame then the paint was nothing special and I had misunderstood because I didn't know this paint job was done by someone special in the history of Brodie.

If indeed it is then I would like to keep it original as much as I can. However I would like it to look as nice so I will be replacing the decals and doing touch up paint where necessary.

I'm happy to hear input on any of my builds... you will in no way offend me as everyone is entitled to their opinion so let it rip =)

Any suggestions? =)

So... Started trying to clean up the original paint to see what I will have to touch up... Part of the problem is that the decals were put on poorly then clear cloated over at some point... so along with decals coming off so has the clear... It looks like the bike has been laid down and slid a couple times over the years as there are scuffs across the side. This is expected due to it's age, just from normal use you can expect these scars...

Here's some pics of the forks... you can see where touch-up paint will be needed...

Some parts I will touch up but others (mainly on the main frame) are just silly for me to sit there for hours and little paint brushes so I will have to re-do some of the leafs... quite simple

But I will do whatever I can to try and keep the paint as original as I can... should be able to keep 95% of the original paint without any issues...

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 384
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 384
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 384
Re:

personally I like battle scars. shows character. shame decals are under
the clear coat though. hoping you'll leave the reckless rider decal on.
cool period store decal. but could live without the big blue shimano on
top tube.

Attachments

• new 001.JPG
    new 001.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 375
Re:

Glad you have decided to keep the original paint. What are the build plans?

Thanks! The Reckless dealer decal will be going back ok. it was starting to peel on the edge with a wrinkle so I pulled it off... I will either attempt to glue it back on or get a duplicated made...

As for build group Probably M730 with rear roller cam... That group is getting a little repetitive in my collection...

Any suggestions??

Re:

M730/35 is my go to groupset. It works well, looks good and is still relatively easy and cheap to get hold of - what's not to like :D

I do fancy a change with my Romax so might use a bit of XC Pro

Re: Re:

raidan73":3lfhtjwd said:
M730/35 is my go to groupset. It works well, looks good and is still relatively easy and cheap to get hold of - what's not to like :D

I do fancy a change with my Romax so might use a bit of XC Pro

That's what i am putting on my 89 merlin... It's tempting... It's the only other group that would work with the build...

I have XC Pro on my beater Litespeed..my Ryeday Friday bike,,,It lets you know why Suntour went tits up,,

Latest posts

Back