1987/88 Holdsworth Hard Track ATB - its back for 2020!

Almost finished, just needs the rear brake.

Test ride finds a fast twangy machine and not a deadweight but also a worn cassette and the wrong bearings in the headset.

:facepalm:

Nearly right

legrandefromage":lt9arsnn said:
Almost finished, just needs the rear brake.

Test ride finds a fast twangy machine and not a deadweight but also a worn cassette and the wrong bearings in the headset.

:facepalm:

Nearly right

Seem to remember it was a tigged tange db frame, mine was ok too, just far too big.

Re:

Sooo,,,here it is ready to rock and roll over that terrain, not just any terrain, All Terrain

Tange DB tubing

M730 chainset

Mountain LX mechs

Dura-Ace 9spd shifters

STX-RC hubs/ Mavic X221 rims/ SRAM 9spd cassette

Ritchey tyres

Selle Mitica saddle

Dia-Compe levers,

MT-62 brakes

Attachments

• hardest track too.jpg
    hardest track too.jpg
    731.3 KB · Views: 793
  • hardest track.jpg
    hardest track.jpg
    785.7 KB · Views: 884
The yellow just doesnt come across in its yellowynessness even with HDR

Attachments

• hardest track five.jpg
    hardest track five.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 785
  • hardest track four.jpg
    hardest track four.jpg
    869.4 KB · Views: 785
  • hardest track six.jpg
    hardest track six.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 785
If it wasnt for the cheesy decals and unloved brand name this would be seen as quite a good bike but due to the Holdsworth name being a bit old even then. mud sticks. I remember the Holdsworth Zagora with its straight forks and Reynolds 500 frame but it was aimed at the lower end of the market and as you can see, it was pretty cheap with its 100GS

But, this build is totally influenced by the an old Claud Butler MTB that my cycling mate had, he was annoyed when I had 531 and he had 501, it was the badge thing like driving a Cavalier L and seeing your mate with an LX or SRI

The CB Spirit had red cables, red! With yellow! It stood out with its black bits and yellow frame even if it wasnt a Kona or GT.

1991+pg37+Spirit.jpg

And of course I cannot go without mentioning the 'Rough Stuff' builds that have popped up over the years - not that this bares any relation to these however, I have always liked them and the yellow colour is as near as I will get.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42540

file.php

If the weather behaves I'm hoping to take it out.

Attachments

• zagora.jpg
    zagora.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 722
If you put any of those crap eBay stickers on it I’ll come and take it back!

Out and about in an autumnal headwind (new album name there) its reasonable. When it came to trudging up hills in the woldy bits around where I live, it came alive. Muddy bits were too muddy but a short romp across a slurpy bridal path was fun as was the journey home with a tail wind.

Attachments

• muddy track.jpg
    muddy track.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 705
  • flower track.jpg
    flower track.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 705
Back