1984 Ritchey Commando - UK

Unpopular opinion alert - as much as I would love to own it, that colourway is an abomination for me. The paintwork has been beautifully executed, but personally I would much prefer to see that frameset in pretty much any colour paint over that.

The frame, forks and bar are out of this world though, stuff of dreams.

Unpopular opinion alert - as much as I would love to own it, that colourway is an abomination for me. The paintwork has been beautifully executed, but personally I would much prefer to see that frameset in pretty much any colour paint over that.

The frame, forks and bar are out of this world though, stuff of dreams.
I hear you, but I´ve come to terms with the camo paint. Not that I really like it now, but I respect it for it´s significance. Probably made easier by the beautifully built frame. If one would come up in my size for a fair price (like in the previous ad on here), I´d be very tempted. Any other frame in camo paint- no thanks.

I hear you, but I´ve come to terms with the camo paint. Not that I really like it now, but I respect it for it´s significance. Probably made easier by the beautifully built frame. If one would come up in my size for a fair price (like in the previous ad on here), I´d be very tempted. Any other frame in camo paint- no thanks.
Agreed, I'd love to own it, and I respect the iconic status of the paintwork, just don't like it.

@Tsundere the paint is certainly a Marmite choice. I personally like it, but it reminds me of a Raleigh Commando. However don’t Google it because the camo will be completely different! 🤣

These fillet brazed frames look amazing in a solid colour and that head tube/top tube/down tube intersection looks totally gorgeous especially as the head tube is short effectively creating one giant fillet of loveliness! 😍

I think a deal has been done behind the scenes as it's no longer for sale. Okay own up, who bought it?

Back