1981 Chris Chance Criterium: 2011 RBUK Road Bike of the Year

Top work with the build and the pics. Good to see something of Chris early work covered.

Neat tight clearance. Looks like a Criterium machine ready for the job. Is it? :)

I made a write up for a mag on FAT last month. The Witcomb tie was also mentioned.

Nice job done. Definitly one for rBotM. All Shimano Dura Ace, except for the Campagnolo rims... ;)

dutchie":ukdnebih said:
Nice job done. Definitly one for rBotM. All Shimano Dura Ace, except for the Campagnolo rims... ;)

And the headset, which was the last original bit that came with the frame :)

Wow---those are really nice. And cool to be able to use clipless with them.

Thanks for the props! The cable guides are really nicely done. Next time I head out I can flip 'er over and get a better shot. As for the dt stickers, the original owner had it built up without them. I asked him about it when I purchased the frame and he said he liked the clean look better. If it wasn't in such nice original shape paint-wise it would be nice to get a set.

Just curious about the decals really as it does look super clean as it is.

I don't have a pair of the Dromarti's but I have tried some on and they felt very comfortable and seemed extremely well made. As I guess they should for the price.

beautiful, Nate.

reminds me, I still have that 1981 Avocet Criterium saddle somewhere;think I never got back to you on it.

And, a belated public thanks to Mel (Elev12k) for supplying one of the damned little wires that had been lost in transit with my shifters!!

.....and the vote is on!
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154472

Just after I finally got some higher rez pictures ;)

IMG_2436-1.jpg

IMG_2437-1.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2435-1.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg