1977 Raleigh Chopper Mk2

mclovin' the pifco rear light!! i always wanted (and never had!) a chopper - it had to be the purple one with the bright pink graphics for me - SO seventies and SO cool....

530414843_911a176454.jpg

i worked in a bike shop when the new chopper (crap!) came out - i was sorely disappointed when i hoofed the seat and bars right up to the max and sat on it only to find that my feet were flat on the floor and my knees sticking out at 45 degrees! it's the only time i've ever wished i was a short arse!!

:?

rusty bodie":1rc9wjl9 said:
mclovin' the pifco rear light!! i always wanted (and never had!) a chopper - it had to be the purple one with the bright pink graphics for me - SO seventies and SO cool....

530414843_911a176454.jpg

i worked in a bike shop when the new chopper (crap!) came out - i was sorely disappointed when i hoofed the seat and bars right up to the max and sat on it only to find that my feet were flat on the floor and my knees sticking out at 45 degrees! it's the only time i've ever wished i was a short arse!!

:?

I had one of the purple ones!! Mine had a mis-matched silver chain guard however, as I was given it second-hand and the local Raleigh dealer didn't have a guard of the correct colour. Those chrome-plated mudguards were a pain in the neck to keep in A1 condition, I seem to recall forever being kept busy with one of Mum's old dusters and a tin of Brasso!

David

OP, great job there. One random question though, do you know what thread size the locknuts on the brake anchor bolts are? UNF 1/4"? I'm doing up a Bomber at the mo, so think we have same brake calipers. :)

Back