1977 Dave Moulton TT frame-set

Rod_Saetan

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Up for sale is a really well constructed lightweight late 70s TT frame set from one of the most renowned builders. Confirmed by Dave as one of his, built in 1977, he does not have detailed records showing the tube set unfortunately - the low weight and 27.2 seat post indicate it is something high end.

Frame is designed for 700c wheels and has close clearances, single rear mech routing and down tube braze on only, I bought this form the neighbour of the original owner who it was thought raced for M Steel (they lived down the road) hence the decals, I am told the paint job is original but I can't say for sure, the M Steel decals are under the lacquer too though and it's a good paint job.

The frame has a couple of wee issues: Some paint problems as pictured, they have been touched up but very poorly, I suspect there is some light corrosion underneath, I have checked the frame over thoroughly and despite these few marks there are no signs of being stored badly or any worsening corrosion issues, seat post/stem/BB were all well greased still when removed. The mech hanger has taken a slight bend and will need putting back 100% straight, I'd say it was 10 degrees out. Front brake has been drilled out for an allen key, the rear is the original bolt through diameter.

All in all this is a really lovely thing that could be carefully touched up or would certainly warrant a sympathetic repaint.

TT: 20.5" / 52cm centre to centre
ST: 19.5" / 50cm centre to centre
Seat post: 27.2
Rear spacing:
BB and headset are British thread

MKDBD8k.jpg

ajMAcCd.jpg

JsRFsJI.jpg

whRvgOD.jpg

FCPkx5K.jpg

CgYD9df.jpg

HtYnm40.jpg

Udqy9YG.jpg

w0KMPh6.jpg

fhIKjXp.jpg

KJX9gNG.jpg

£350 shipped in the UK, happy to ship World wide at cost.

Latest posts

Back