1977 Claud Butler Cavalier #005616

Re: Father & Son's touring project -1977 Claud Butler Cavalier

Neat detailing there! Really add to the appeal.

rwm1962":2hbkat3m said:
Neat detailing there! Really add to the appeal.

:D hurrah! Someone’s looked at our thread! Cheers RWM. Jim will be pleased when he checks it in the morning ;)

It is looking really smart so far and with what Jimmy has done already, it should all match in nicely once together.
I'm really liking the orange and the decal colours as well as the blue detailing will set it off nicely. I really like orange frames but they need a bit of colour to break it up slightly.
Tell him well done :)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":2zx2in1f said:
It is looking really smart so far and with what Jimmy has done already, it should all match in nicely once together.
I'm really liking the orange and the decal colours as well as the blue detailing will set it off nicely. I really like orange frames but they need a bit of colour to break it up slightly.
Tell him well done :)

Jamie
Jim says “Cheers dude”

legrandefromage":2zx2in1f said:
Hurrah! Great Boo’s up!
Now we just need ‘The Educator’ to take notice and we’ll have all the main attractors tied in! ;)

Got me some nice SR SP-100 pedals with Christophe Special toes on the Bay for under £10, listed incorrectly as SP-10. ;)
All the others on there start at about £30! :shock:

They should brush up nice and complete the set…. :cool:

Attachments

• SR SP-100.jpg
    SR SP-100.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 717
  • 70's SR & SunTour Set.jpeg
    70's SR & SunTour Set.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 717

I am sure this thread should really be Jim’s thread as he has done 90%+ of all the work, so well done Jim. The detailed crankset and mechs look stunning. I am sure your dad bribed you to put that coffee mug on the crankset shot. Keep up the good work.
Looking forward to seeing the finished project.
Rob

Lackluster":1nzz31k7 said:
I am sure this thread should really be Jim’s thread as he has done 90%+ of all the work, so well done Jim. The detailed crankset and mechs look stunning. I am sure your dad bribed you to put that coffee mug on the crankset shot. Keep up the good work.
Looking forward to seeing the finished project.
Rob

Jim says "damn right" :cool:

"But these PC based formats are, like, super retro" :facepalm:

Not that I really needed any further confirmation, but this September ‘77 date stamp on these Vainqueur 999’s added to the December ‘77 date code on the Suntour RD pretty much nails it for me.

Attachments

• E2ED5EEB-AB83-4573-BD7B-73EEDDE475A0.jpeg
    E2ED5EEB-AB83-4573-BD7B-73EEDDE475A0.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 694
Re:

Good thread. Enjoy your posts. One thing i have learnt following some threads and one of my own threads is that dating the bike by the components may not always be accurate as the parts could be in stock for a while before being used. I know you have a lot of knowledge regarding serial numbers and frames etc but can I humbly suggest a 1978 date for the bike given that the dates you have for the components are sept 77 and Dec 77 and may not have actually been bolted on a bike until 78? Feel free to correct me. Im kinda new to this. Regards Jonny.

Latest posts

Back