1975 Carlton Corsa - upgraded...

Thanks for that

On a related note, I was reading your rBotM thread and noticed the 'gas pipes' comment, I mean what a ponsy Pratt that fella is, good response by you to both his statements ! This is a Retrobike forum not a classic forum, and this is a Retrobike! And the Zzzz made me crack up!

I find the term gaspipe utterly insulting. I hate the term, the overblown pratt who was insulting the bike (1975 Criterium) is an arrogant individual which represents a strand of cycling snobbery, which alas still exists today.

Well sorry but i've got to complain about threads like this waffling on about Carltons :x :x .

Theirs not enough pictures :LOL: , i use to know some one back in the days before mobiles and pc's were available who had the use of his dads Carlton and really liked how well made it looked with it's centre pull weinmann brakes and a lovely bronze colour but never got the chance to ride it :( and seeing your Corsa has re lit that interest and has really made my day ;) .

A few other shots and details...

P9063509_zpsd0hz08lx.jpg

P9063510_zpsvzuruceu.jpg

P9063514_zpsthcqbvbb.jpg

P9063520_zpstpm3bfat.jpg

P9063521_zpsgmnraril.jpg

P9063552_zpsdldogvcd.jpg

P9063551_zpspqhpbffa.jpg

P9063549_zpsdhvtt2vq.jpg

P9063548_zpse2rrdvrx.jpg

Thanks for the pics mate that's taking me back some seeing the old dynamo set which looks to be in excellent condition :cool: and those old pedals are they original to the bike or did you sauce them from else where as they look in pretty fair nick .

I don't remember seeing those rims before but that's probably just me being out of touch regarding the original spec but they certainly look up to their intended job :cool: ..

Re:

Man those lamps and fittings are gleaming like the door of a whorehouse!
Love it! Just to think that to fit this type and style on a modern bike would cost 1000's! And great photos!

Have you a Carlton Professional in your collection?

The dynamo works a treat, I love these old thing and Im a real sucker for them, the rims are lighter and better than the original steel rims. I do have modern blocks working on them and they stop the bike so much better. Sadly steel rims are harder to get hold of now and also they are pretty poor in the wet. With this lot fully loaded I need to make sure it stops OK, as I also use it for occasional commuting work. The pedals are original.

Re: Re:

ibbz":2jmf9yr9 said:
Love it! Just to think that to fit this type and style on a modern bike would cost 1000's! And great photos!

Sadly no!

I have 3 Corsas, 2 Criteriums, 2 Constellations, 2 Continentals, A Pro Am 12, a Flyer, 2 Worksop built Sun Snipes and I have Catalina coming. I also have a couple of Choppers and 2 MTBs

Re: Re:

Spokesmann":y5sw9wsj said:
ibbz":y5sw9wsj said:

Sadly no!

I have 3 Corsas, 2 Criteriums, 2 Constellations, 2 Continentals, A Pro Am 12, a Flyer, 2 Worksop built Sun Snipes and I have Catalina coming. I also have a couple of Choppers and 2 MTBs

Lovely collection ! I had a look at your site and the MTB's too.
Have you seen mytenspeed's site and build of his Carlton Professional? A beauty!

http://www.mytenspeeds.com/My_TenSpeeds ... _Start.htm

Back