1958 Hetchins Magnum Bonum non-curly frame. SOLD SOLD SOLD

XCDave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Very sad to put this up for sale, especially because I've never actually ridden it!
This was always going to be a slow-burn project but two years down the line and it's not got any further, so realistically it's going to be close on to a decade before I'll have the cash to do what I'd like to with it. I've gathered a few parts for it but am still a long way off my desired build. As lovely as it is, I'd rather someone else had it, did it justice and got it on the road again as it deserves to be - and then maybe let me ride it to see how nice it is!

1958 Hetchins Magnum Bonum conventional/non-curly frame and forks. You don't see too many conventional Hetchins and in my opinion they look nicer. Fantastic pencil stays. Chrome fork ends, no mech hanger, no brake or gear cable guides, mudguard eyelets, 1 inch headset, 100mm spaced font hub, 114mm spaced rear. Not sure if the paint job is original, I think it's an overcoat and it looks like the chrome ends extend a bit underneath it. A few big chips to the paint and some rust spots, but no dings or cracks. You could build it and ride it but it deserves a proper renovation. It's a kind of maroony/candy red.
56cm centre to top on the seat tube.

Mudguards included in sale, I bought them separately but they were in a bad shape when they arrived - colour is a nice match though. Also included is the Stronglight headset which isn't great and a selection of cottered bottom bracket parts (Bayliss Wiley, Chater Lea - random bits I have lying around). Wheels pictured not included, just popped in for photographing. I was going to run this with a Sturmey 3 speed as a lightweight period tourer, hence Sturmey pulley on the seat tube - if you want it let me know, if not I'll whip it off! Some GB Randonneur bars and stem, Gran Tour brakes and levers and a period B17 with a saddlebag support would've finished it off nicely...
Looking for £500 posted to mainland UK. Let me know if I'm way out. Thanks for looking! SOLD SOLD SOLD
Dave.

Latest posts

Back